Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

I hate nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 08:14 PM
sk8erdudex
2nd Gear Member

Default I hate nitrous

I went to the track this weekend for the BIG O Midnight drags at Rocky Mountain Raceway. It's a social event and there is no competition whatsoever but the bad thing is everyone there wants to race so you end up waiting 30 minutes for a run. Well I finally got up to the line, I checked my nitrous switch made sure no accessories were on and started to rev my engine. The tree fell and I hit the gas. My friend told me that I should shoot in first to see how it would do so I tried shooting late in first after I gained full traction. When I hit the button my car actually slowed down!!! I let go and shifted to second and hit the button again. My car still seeming sluggish I kept my finger on the button figuring I was just imagining all this because nitrous should make me faster. I had my eyes on my speedometer when I trapped at 89 MPH! I was pissed. I went to the booth and recieved a time slip that noted 16.01 I started to worry what happened to my car. I pulled into the pit area and checked my bottle. Turns out I had ran out of nitrous and since I have a wet kit when I would hit the button I would actually run rich which you all know makes you slower. I was very upset cause I had forgotten to fill my bottle this weekend. I tried doing another run without the bottle but for some reason their sensors didn't get my 1/4 time so it was just blank. This was my worst racing experience and I will never let it happen again...
Old 05-08-2005, 08:47 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: I hate nitrous

That sucks man. Pay attention to them gauges.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:42 PM
94Cbra
4th Gear Member

You use a button? WOT switch is the best way to go. LOL like dan said, watch those gauges!
Old 05-08-2005, 09:47 PM
fast plan
2nd Gear Member

kinda funny though......i hate when it starts getting low and you start losing your edge, espeacially when your close to hitting the times you want.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:47 PM
sk8erdudex
2nd Gear Member

I would use WOT but I love having control over it
Old 05-08-2005, 11:13 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

That sucks.. well at least you know what the problem was. It would suck to see yoru gauge read full nitrous pressure. Where do you have your nitrous button located?
Old 05-08-2005, 11:57 PM
sk8erdudex
2nd Gear Member

well the arming switch is right next to the E-brake and the toggle is a momentary pushbutton switch on my steering wheel.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:39 AM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

I would switch to ful throttle and get a Cupholder nitrous switch set-up from Mustangtuning. Thats what i have
Old 05-09-2005, 09:04 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

awwww.. guess it's time to get 2 tanks.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:21 PM
grimwolf
2nd Gear Member

its ok dude just think about this "the guy who blew up his zo6 hates nos more then you" LOL
ORIGINAL: sk8erdudex

I went to the track this weekend for the BIG O Midnight drags at Rocky Mountain Raceway. It's a social event and there is no competition whatsoever but the bad thing is everyone there wants to race so you end up waiting 30 minutes for a run. Well I finally got up to the line, I checked my nitrous switch made sure no accessories were on and started to rev my engine. The tree fell and I hit the gas. My friend told me that I should shoot in first to see how it would do so I tried shooting late in first after I gained full traction. When I hit the button my car actually slowed down!!! I let go and shifted to second and hit the button again. My car still seeming sluggish I kept my finger on the button figuring I was just imagining all this because nitrous should make me faster. I had my eyes on my speedometer when I trapped at 89 MPH! I was pissed. I went to the booth and recieved a time slip that noted 16.01 I started to worry what happened to my car. I pulled into the pit area and checked my bottle. Turns out I had ran out of nitrous and since I have a wet kit when I would hit the button I would actually run rich which you all know makes you slower. I was very upset cause I had forgotten to fill my bottle this weekend. I tried doing another run without the bottle but for some reason their sensors didn't get my 1/4 time so it was just blank. This was my worst racing experience and I will never let it happen again...

Quick Reply: I hate nitrous