Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Raced Cobalt SS! Talks Smack, Then, Brings a Busted Vehicle!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 03:23 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Raced Cobalt SS! Talks Smack, Then, Brings a Busted Vehicle!!

When I was looking into buying a Cobalt SS/SC, I remember reading alot of people saying that their clutches were slipping with crazy low miles, some with just a few thousand miles on the clocks. I would be furious if my clutch started slipping after only that long. I'm sure the dealership isn't replacing those under warranty either.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:25 PM
05_SRT4_Tony
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

When I was looking into buying a Cobalt SS/SC, I remember reading alot of people saying that their clutches were slipping with crazy low miles, some with just a few thousand miles on the clocks. I would be furious if my clutch started slipping after only that long. I'm sure the dealership isn't replacing those under warranty either.
+1

This kids clutch has been screwed up since 25K miles.

I have 65K on my SRT4 with ZERO clutch issues. I've even went down the 1/4 mile7 times in a row!
Old 08-04-2008, 03:33 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Haha it's the drivers
There is a guy with 411hp on the stock clutch.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

look, I have a crap tranny in mine, and ocasionally I've said "if my tranny was better it would probably take off a tenth in the 1/4" BUT if I'm agreeing to race at that time and I lost, I shound't make up excuses if that's what I agreed to, and I don't. Some people just can't believe other cars are faster than theirs.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:26 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05_SRT4_Tony

+1

I have 65K on my SRT4 with ZERO clutch issues. I've even went down the 1/4 mile7 times in a row!
Ive been down the track like 13 times in a row. Lol.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Solitear
2nd Gear Member

So this guy has been talking smack for about two weeks. He finally has his SS tuned and it put down 232whp and 216wtq. For the past two weeks my phone blows up with phone calls "Do you think you can beat him" "Dude, he's gonna smoke you!" and "You're just scared".

I'm 24yrs old and I'm not all for the BS anymore. I like spending time with my GF and taking care of my car.

I'm sitting on the couch the other night when, as usual, my phone rings. My GF say "Just go and beat him already!". So, I go. This is where it gets good:

He tells me 10min and he'll be at the mall...............30min goes by and this guy hasn't got there yet!! When he does show up we make our way to "the spot". I get there before he does and I wait 10min!! He had to spot at his buddys house[:@]!!!! WTF!!!

So, we line up and ........................an old lady runs us off!!

We drive 10min to another spot and I think "Great, now I can race and go home." BTW, on this driveIcalled him and told him to nail it @50mph. I reeled him in like nothing!

We get to the "Other" spot!He honks it off and we go! I spin 1st and short shift into2nd. 2nd spins for an instant but I let off then get back in it. 2nd hooks and I start to pull on him!!

But wait.................he shifted and now he's not moving...................

We pull over at a gas station and he starts whining about a clutch! He said it's been acting up and he needs a new one. He said he woul have had me if it hadn't slipped!

I was pissed and said someting along the lines of don't bother me with your busted POS anymore.

This kid spent $500 on a tune BUT has a cooked clutch................what's wrong with people these days?
guy fails at life LOL!

If you spend 500 on a damn tune why didnt he spend cash for a new clucth o.o geez as soon as toasted mine i purchased em
Old 08-04-2008, 05:04 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: k0261886

I can't really say much, I've been ignoring my slipping clutch for 2 months now
x2.... last time I tried to make an agressive launch at the track I didn't go anywhere...hada 3.6 60ft...[8D]
Old 08-04-2008, 05:10 PM
05_SRT4_Tony
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: whtcanbrwnd04u

+1

Ive been down the track like 13 times in a row. Lol.
Oh yeah? Well, I like, drive a Neon..................wait...........****!
Old 08-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Elwood
2nd Gear Member

How'd he get your phone number? Was he a friend of a friend or something? Either way the phone calls would have pissed me off too. Nice work mate.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:06 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

My question is how old is the car? My car has about 25-30 track passes and every time I rev to 3-5K and feather it out and my stock clutch is just fine. Someone needs to learn to drive or someone needs an auto.

Quick Reply: Raced Cobalt SS! Talks Smack, Then, Brings a Busted Vehicle!!