Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

STi vs C6

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 01:16 PM
MaSTi
2nd Gear Member

Default STi vs C6

Ahhhh finally a vette encounter and kill. It wasn't by much, but it was enough to make me happy.

First of all, just remeber I DO respect the V8, and did own a f-body. Now to the story....

Well I was on my way home yesterday and saw a set of round tail lights in the slow lane. I decided to check it out, so I pulled up along the side of him and scoped this thing out. It ended up being a nice black C6 containing a male driver of about later 20s and I assume his gf same age. Well I let him pass me to see the car completly (you know to see if it was legit and wasn't a cop or anything). Well after that I passed him again to give him a thumbs up. He returns it with a friendly wave. I go on about my commute leaving him behind doing the speed limit.
Later down the road I see his lights FLYING up on me. So I down shift and gass it as he comes along the side of me. After this he realizes I'm game for a quick run. He then points ahead and wants me to run him. I down shift and give him a tap of the gas noting I was ready. We both gun it together and I jump about half a car. I was REALLY nervous since I knew I had to shift from 4th to 5th (a tough shift in the past). Well I stuffed the clutch to see him regain composure and break even. At this point I was amazed, I started to pull SLIGHTLY while in 5th. We didn't get to run more since traffic was approaching.
We then both pulled in to a gas station, but he didn't even want to talk to me. He did at least say good run, but then walked off. I at least wanted to chat it up, but I guess he didn't.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: STi vs C6

Nice!! Beating a vette is always worth talking about esp. when they get pissed about it.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:21 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Yeah, a Vette kill is always a good one to hear about. I raced a slightly modded Z06 last night at the track and I was nervous and missed second gear. I let the clutch out thinking it was in gear already... I was wrong. LOL He was a car and a half in front of me and I started pulling back pretty hard. By the time we crossed the traps, I was about a half to three quarter car in front of him. It was like 90 degrees and the DA was like 4000 so we only ran a 12.9. LOL
Old 07-02-2005, 05:05 PM
4.698GT
4th Gear Member

You say 12.9 like its slow, damn cobra owner

oh and nice kill in the subie
Old 07-02-2005, 06:39 PM
blazer_4.3
4th Gear Member

no tryin to hate on you, but story dont seem legit! u sure it wasnt C5? or do u have more mods then what is in your sig?
good kil either way
Old 07-02-2005, 07:20 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

C5's arent the fastest. They are actually game for a full bolt on GT woth sticky tires.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:55 PM
matthockey32
I ♥ Acer

(header...yes one, up-pipe, down-pipe, cat-back, Cobb stage2, Autometer C2 egt/boost/oil pressure), B-force Project Mu pads, Goodridge SS lines, Tanabe GF springs, KYB adj. shocks.

with that stuff he probably has at least 350 awhp.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:37 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: matthockey32

(header...yes one, up-pipe, down-pipe, cat-back, Cobb stage2, Autometer C2 egt/boost/oil pressure), B-force Project Mu pads, Goodridge SS lines, Tanabe GF springs, KYB adj. shocks.

My buddies EVO makes 352 awhp with full bolt-ons, cam gears/ methanol injection....I doubt homedude makes 350awhp....

I also ran all over the EVO with only 367rwhp on DR's....a stock C6 should make 350rwhp+ and not have much trouble with one from a roll.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:12 PM
matthockey32
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 98LS1

ORIGINAL: matthockey32

My buddies EVO makes 352 awhp with full bolt-ons, cam gears/ methanol injection....I doubt homedude makes 350awhp....

I also ran all over the EVO with only 367rwhp on DR's....a stock C6 should make 350rwhp+ and not have much trouble with one from a roll.
you claim to run all over everything. let's let him post his power. i know a guy with with similar stuff on his wrx and he makes almost 300 awhp. and the STi has 70 more hp stock......so do the math
Old 07-02-2005, 09:42 PM
blazer_4.3
4th Gear Member

well there is a few STI's around here with more mods then that. and i pull almost all of them from a roll. And the ones that do beat me, i am usually within a carlength or 2. a C6 would murder me.

Quick Reply: STi vs C6