Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

coolest car you wasted/wasted by

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 07:33 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mighty90
For sure my coolest loss:

At a red light in my '85 IROC, a yellow ??? pulls up next to me. I was feeling saucy so I reved up. Dude looked at me like I was crazy. I thought nothing of it. Light turned green and I slammed the gas pedal down. My tires spun and my engine ROAARED to life. Just as I grabbed traction and started to leave the starting line, I returned to reality and saw same yellow ??? at the next light already. What the.... How the.... Uhh... wtf just happened. I go home sad and defeated but curious. I opened my car bible and started looking for what that car was. After 2 hours of searching, i find it. A 1960's era Ford GT40 (note: not ford GT, as these weren't made in 2000). HOLY SHEAT, I Got my @ss handed to me by a GT40!!! WOOOOOT! I still feel privileged
that's cool, I think I have seen one of these. And it didn't slap me around, I got to stand 5 ft from it. I was at the Wixom Ford plant and wondered what this little building was when they were unloading my truck so I went for a little walk. I glanced inside the door and there were about 200 Ford GTs being built. I thought that was cool.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:28 PM
NJShelby120
2nd Gear Member

well havnt had much luck running into anything of worth to run with my gt since ive only had it for 3 months.. but i did alot of runs with my sti when i had her....

best win- remote turbo 04 gto..... got em by a quater panel
best loss- raped by a ford gt...... it was a beautiful
Old 09-06-2009, 02:22 AM
s3cret_stang
2nd Gear Member

Coolest win: 0-120 run with a modded NSX.
Coolest loss: Roll race with a Lamborghini Diablo. Though I was pretty happy since I was right next to him until I threw it into 5th.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:14 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Gave a Ford GT with blue paint and white stripe's a thumb's up and goosed the throttle, he did the same and got out of it. So i slamed the throttle down. About the time i pulled a fender on him (before he touched the throttle) That thing ROARED like it was a evil monster and pulled about 5-8 length's on me in about 2 seconds....

I grined for like 20min on my way to work from that one.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Dj_Seph
4th Gear Member

Best win was against a group of Subi's and EVO's. They actually thought my little 5.0 was no threat. I expected to get raped. D:

Worst loss was against an Acura of some kind. I took off from him at a stoplight and he got into it but seemed like he couldn't find traction. He pulled up next to me, brake boosted and waited until I went. By the time I was shifting to 3rd, he was at the next light and passing....
Old 09-06-2009, 03:48 PM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

Buick Grand National, I've both wasted and been wasted by them. One of my favorite cars ever.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

LS2 and LS3 Vettes in my old GT(now the G/F's GT), Ferrari, Gallardo.

Porsche 911 Turbo(Newer Model) in my Cobra, a few Vettes, H/C F-bodies from rolls.

Whacked by a Whippled Cobra, KB Cobra, couple of highly modded imports, i.e Evo's, Stis, Supras, etc.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:49 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Nothing too special
Win against a BMW M3 Vert
Loss.....Raped by a GTS Viper and TT 95 5.0 cobra....just wanted to see how they move!
Old 09-07-2009, 10:26 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

Coolest loss : c6 z06. Those things are FKING beautiful. I had the opportunity to drive an 09 one just this weekend. Made my day

Coolest win: C6 vette. Ive beat two of them now, both on highway pulls. Unbelievable, i know. Just shows you how anything can happen on the street. Flame on...
Old 09-12-2009, 12:38 AM
dtuna42
1st Gear Member

I can't say say kill or killed because we weren't side by side but I ran into a Bentley GT on the highway recently. I was on the way home from the track, and guess he noticed the soap-numbers on my windows, because right after I passed him (in normal driving) he jumped on it and flew past - I followed and stayed right with him, but I can't say for sure if I would have been able to pass... we slowed when we saw some other cars... after traffic clears I jump on it and he followed... We happend to get off the next exit together- I'm about to get out to talk and give him compliments on his car but he beats me to it and wants to know "what the he.. you got done to that thing?"... so I asked him what we got up to since my speedo only shows 145... he said he was doing about 170 the first run and about 160 the second time... and both times we slowed for conditions- not because the cars couldn't do any more... needless to say I am very impressed with the Whipple since my little 281 was out there playing with a 6.0 twin turbo W12

As for kills and been killed, both have happened; but this was probably the most impressed I've been with the car- you gotta love it when you impress a guy in a $200k+ car that can hit 200+mph..

Last edited by dtuna42; 09-12-2009 at 06:02 PM.

Quick Reply: coolest car you wasted/wasted by