Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

To End The B.S.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 03:05 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: To End The B.S.

Yeah, a lot of times when you rent a track then they really dont care about the rules. Like the one that Joe and V rented in Ga. You could race with people in the car with you for all they care. LOL

So when is this going to be? Is it going to be "run what you brung"? Thats the only way to see who is the fastest. Cant really restrict those to others limits, or there is no real telling who's fastest. I plan on having the solid axle in pretty soon and hopefully I can get my hands on a ECTED carrier. The Methanol will go in and tuned soon also.

My only problem is I just have to get into my new job and see what kind of days I can get off.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:13 PM
01GT
I ♥ Acer

I know 12 won't be fast enough but i can show you what my car does with the mods i have I would come just to meet and watch but i will run you guys could screw up at the line and be done.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:24 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I think it should be open to anyone that wants to attend. Like he said, any of us could mess up at the line. What do we all say about a fast car? It isnt fast unless the driver knows what he's doing?
Old 07-21-2005, 03:27 PM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

Gateway is my home track (was just there two days ago) so if this goes down I'll definitely be there...as a spectator, of course. Mid-13's just aint gonna do it.
With respect to NHRA Rules enforcement, it's pretty spotty around here. One buddy of mine went 11.17 on the bottle with no cage, but another was booted for running a low 13 in a vert with no rollbar. I've been told by guys who've rented the track, however, that they don't really give a crap about the rules when you rent it, and it looks like that is the only way to pull this off. Even on Street Car Shootout nights they don't really let you pick who you line up against. I heard that one guy in a Vega went low 9's with no helmet and a cigarette hanging out of his mouth on a rental day.[sm=smiley36.gif]
If you guys want, I can try to get info about track rentals. I know it isn't cheap, so the more racers to chip in the better.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:28 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JD1969

Well thats two, JD1 and JD2 who else is going to sack up. I gotta say, win or lose, anyone who goes will have my respect.
...i dont have cash but i do have the pink slips to my car. So if i lose the winner takes my car clean and clear, but if i win i take the cash and the respect, to some people thats more important
Old 07-21-2005, 03:33 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: dan

Well thats two, JD1 and JD2 who else is going to sack up. I gotta say, win or lose, anyone who goes will have my respect.
...i dont have cash but i do have the pink slips to my car. So if i lose the winner takes my car clean and clear, but if i win i take the cash and the respect, to some people thats more important
0WND!
Old 07-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

HAHA! Now you can't come!
66chevyIISS
2nd Gear Member

haha Paul waker
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

Yeah, a lot of times when you rent a track then they really dont care about the rules. Like the one that Joe and V rented in Ga. You could race with people in the car with you for all they care. LOL

So when is this going to be? Is it going to be "run what you brung"? Thats the only way to see who is the fastest. Cant really restrict those to others limits, or there is no real telling who's fastest. I plan on having the solid axle in pretty soon and hopefully I can get my hands on a ECTED carrier. The Methanol will go in and tuned soon also.

My only problem is I just have to get into my new job and see what kind of days I can get off.
I don't really care about the restrictions, I just don't want an all out race car showing up. I'll run on DR's or a slick but I do think it needs be a plated and insured car. Make it a track rental that is open to anyone we want, but the grudge racing should be kept to us.
As for when, I was thinking in the fall like late sept-early oct. That way we have better air, and the track is more likley to hook better. Over a weekend should give everybody plenty of time, I can go as far as 8-10 hours from home no problem
Old 07-21-2005, 03:40 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

I know i said this before but DYNO#s dont win races!!!!!Again my buddy with 100 more rwh got his *** handed to him by me,so the dyno dont mean ****

Quick Reply: To End The B.S.