Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Wounded Bullitt vs 2007 Civic Si

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 07:27 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Default Wounded Bullitt vs 2007 Civic Si

So at the local car meet there has been this kid running his mouth about how fast his civic. He has beaten one the the 94 5.0's there and has mentioned that he's beaten 98 and 99 cobra's. I'm like ya ya whoopdi do, how about me then? I said I was stock but had a pressure plate/clutch issue. He says "70mph roll?" I'm like sure why not. He starts to grin. I know full well that it's his sweet spot for his car....We line em up on the freeway and while I'm getting into 3rd gear he keeps jumping early. A few times I reacted late and just stopped his pull. For a final time, I get next to him, honk it off and we go. I let him take the hit and at first, I barely stopped his pull. Getting into 4th is hard right now due to my pressure plate/clutch whatever is wrong but once I got there, I started to reel him in, badly I got a 1 car length ahead and I shut down. Gave him a thumbs up and we left for home.
His mods are some sort of cams, catless exhaust, methanol, intake, he has it rev to 9k(dunno if that's stock or not) short throw.
Mine- 3.73's only lol Now I need to fix my clutch issue...stat, next time I'll have a passenger for some vids
Old 02-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

He's running meth on a NA engine? I know it can be done, but its not very common.

Good run man, especially against a cammed/bolt-on SI. I had an SI sedan a couple years ago. They definitely have their sweet spots. I felt like it was from 20mph-80mph ( as long as it was sitting on at least 6k RPM), dying off as the speeds got closer to/above 100mph, but its been awhile since I've been in one, so I could be off.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:34 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Thanks Stone. When we had our first runs, I was shocked about how quick he was. A couple of guys out here are running some kind of meth mixture with their gas. I think it's kind of pointless. I'm glad I was able to quiet him lol. It definitely has me thinking to get this clutch issue fixed asap. I wanted to run him from a dig so badly, even with my crappy low tread sumitomo's I'm sure I would've made it ugly. We're all going to the track this summer so we'll see how he stacks up from a dig.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Meth/alcohol is usually used mainly to cool down intake temps from forced induction, but it does increase octane and helps any car run more timing without knock. And with timing comes power. Its not completely ineffective on NA engines, just not nearly as effective/dual purpose as it is on FI cars. You definitely did well against that car. They're not exactly slow stock (with the right driver), but with a good tune and supporting mods, they can be decently strong. From a dig you would've embarrassed him bad, lol. Mainly due to fwd traction and him trying to get into his powerband.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:19 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

He said his car was a 13.5 car. I laughed and said no it's not, mine as it sits isn't one, and you wont beat me lol
Old 02-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

13.5... ehh, its possible I guess, but very unlikely unless he seriously knows his stuff. I've seen 13.8s at 100+ out of tuned/bolt-on 2006+ SI's, but haven't personally witnessed a 13.5 out of any without FI or spray. Then again, I haven't seen any cammed SIs run either. I would tell that joker to prove it with a slip, and until then consider him full of shat.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:48 PM
bolton3valve
Banned

Nice kill.. I lost to my friends 06 si last night Going to have to quit giving him rolls lol
Old 02-06-2011, 09:53 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by bolton3valve
Nice kill.. I lost to my friends 06 si last night Going to have to quit giving him rolls lol
Wtf? Explain....
Old 02-06-2011, 09:54 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by crash
Wtf? Explain....
Nah, it's best to just leave out the details and move along.

Nice run BTW.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:55 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Thanks, he'll be back for more. I'm sure he'll reload with something new, spoiled *** mf'er lol. I'll just need to be ready nitrous anyone?

Quick Reply: Wounded Bullitt vs 2007 Civic Si