Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Raced a 2006 Charger RT with Mods!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 05:01 PM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
You realize that 89 octane will only cost you like 2 dollars more per fillup, right?

Anyways, cool vids. I hope their are more in the future!
there will be more videos! and yeah but i spend about $10/day in gas, so thats like $.30 day i save in gas. it adds up. ill be switching to the 92 octane tune though when spring comes around.

Originally Posted by tightdogal
Good kill. A Charger with the 340 hp engine is really nothing big. My best friend had a 07 R/T Charger and I beat him in mine Stang, albeit not as badly as you beat this guy. They're REALLY heavy. Good kill
remember this guy had an intake and exhaust, so was making a little more than a stock charger. but thanks

Originally Posted by Morbid Intentions
with your mods I'm surprised you didn't drag him harder to be honest.... my 2V put 1-2 cars on these year chargers

you must have been going through the geard pretty easy lol
his car has an intake and exhaust. id expect it to run mid 13s in the 1/4.

Originally Posted by Stkjock
nice run, looked like you jumped the start or was he just late?
he was late. i told him we would go when i said 3 and i said "1, 2, 3". BUT i launched and spun and he didnt spin, so it made it actually a pretty even start.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Idk if it would run mid 13s, not judging by how bad you beat him. Your a low 13 second car, and you had a good bit of ground on him. I'd say he should be good for a high 13 though... just guessing/bench racing.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:05 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by iceguyb14
thanks

thanks! no he just got it last week. it is quick though
damn the curve lol

looks like you would have pulled at least another car if it was a longer straight away..

nice kill
Old 02-20-2011, 12:52 PM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Idk if it would run mid 13s, not judging by how bad you beat him. Your a low 13 second car, and you had a good bit of ground on him. I'd say he should be good for a high 13 though... just guessing/bench racing.
yeah idk. ive heard they are high 13s stock. and hes got an intake and exhaust. thats why i guessed mid 13s...

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
damn the curve lol

looks like you would have pulled at least another car if it was a longer straight away..

nice kill
lol and if it wasnt uphill!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:39 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

I always thought those year r/t chargers were mid 14 sec cars. Meh, but yeah.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:08 AM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

i looked in some forums and most guys run high 13s/low 14s depending on the DA. several guys were running low 14s with 2000+ DAs bone stock. some guy ran a 13.6 stock, but thats supposed to be a "factory freak" lol.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by iceguyb14

his car has an intake and exhaust. id expect it to run mid 13s in the 1/4.
hate to break it to you but an intake and exhaust isn't really going to do a hell of a whole lot without a tune

stock these cars were hard pressed for even high 13's at the strip due to their lazy gearing and weight... and I wouldn't expect him to be making much more than stock without a tune governing the increased airflow/backpressure

an older R/T was a low-mid 14 second car on average but they ended up hitting high 13's now and again
Old 02-25-2011, 01:23 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

^^ any ideas what the 2011 AWD RTs will run?

Great looking rides imo.. I want one

May not be the fastest around, but that 5.7, AWD would be a dream to get around in up here during our long *** winters...
Old 02-25-2011, 01:55 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Nice kill, btw your car looks sinister! What's next by way of mods?
Old 02-25-2011, 03:06 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
^^ any ideas what the 2011 AWD RTs will run?

Great looking rides imo.. I want one

May not be the fastest around, but that 5.7, AWD would be a dream to get around in up here during our long *** winters...
an AWD R/T will more than likely be slower than the RWD version due to weight and drivetrain loss.... because you can't really take any advantage of an AWD launch with the automatic transmission they have, you gotta remember, half the reason why sporty AWD cars are so quick (subaru/evo) is because they bring their revs up to however high they want and have the transmission that can take it... the automatic 5 speed these cars are going to have will not have this luxury and I DOUBT they will be built to handle crazy launches on a hiked up aftermarket stall either

Last edited by Morbid Intentions; 02-25-2011 at 03:11 AM.

Quick Reply: Raced a 2006 Charger RT with Mods!