Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Track, -500 DA today, 12.49?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 04:40 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Or send your pcm to my tuner, let him tune it for $250, and if anything doesnt act right he'll retune for free. He tuned my car pretty much off the top of his head. Guy has literally tuned thousands of GMs.
Honestly with mods on hand I think just the base LS6 tune with some minor tweaks will be all I need. If I was digging into deep I would probably want the wideband/pro setup. The only downside is what you said..Jim at Speed Inc has touched millions of LSx cars.. I know I won't be able to make up for that experience... but I believe I'm close enough to the line it won't be a major issue and I can get a dyno tune later on.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:45 PM
jojobanks
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
Yeah I'm a software developer (C++, C#, .net, C, PHP, Delphi, iOS Xcode, blah, blah, blah using Linux, Windows, OSX) [all self taught]... Ill figure it out. LOL
it's not the software that's hard to figure out. most programs are actually pretty user-friendly and easy to figure out (since they're generally meant for guys who know how to turn wrenches rather than program). You'll understand better when you actually plug it in and look at everything, but it takes awhile to understand the table values for timing, fuel, etc. Most tuning programs I've dealt with don't just tell you that your timing is advanced so many degrees at such rpms under such load, it gives you a value according to how the stock PCM sees it.

not saying you won't figure it out. I self taught myself how to tune with several previous cars (hence why I drive a carbureted car now ), just take it slow and make SMALL changes at first and datalog constantly.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:07 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Beat me to it. And you would be crazy messing with your tune with out a wideband.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I mean, everybody's gotta start somewhere if they want to learn how to tune. Its definitely a learning process that takes time to get good at, but as stated by Jojo, make small adjustments at a time until you learn both the software and mechanical side of it.

Load up the LS6 tune and play around with it. I still think you could hit a 12.0-12.3 with that and the headers. Well....maybe not you, but your wife could, Lmao!!
Old 01-17-2012, 05:57 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Sad but true stone lol.

Yeah I understand what you guys are saying and I actually tuned my CC306 LT1 back in the day with LT1Edit so the tables are not completely foreign to me. I'm also the type to do a lot of research before blindly doing things. As stated I really don't think I'll need to deviate much from a stock ls6 tune. Most likely it will be more than adequate considering how it runs on the stock tune.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:43 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Yall sure are some fart smellers..... Imean smart fellers

Im only 27 and lucky to know how to turn on a damn computer, and ya'll are doing all this ****.... makes me sick, lol! BUT, I can lay a tree down right by your house, and cut/split a chord of wood in less than an hour! Whatcha got for that smartasses?

I'll carry my useless a$$ on to another thread now, carry on!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

97, I drive a flatbed PeterBuilt delivering Marble and Granite slabs for a living, (didnt even make it home tonight, stuck in Easton, MD), lol. I'm a good Ol' boy too man, just been wasting my hard earned money on this modding shat for awhile now. Experience is a good thing, but damn its expensive.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:48 PM
jojobanks
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 97tplsGT
Yall sure are some fart smellers..... Imean smart fellers

Im only 27 and lucky to know how to turn on a damn computer, and ya'll are doing all this ****.... makes me sick, lol! BUT, I can lay a tree down right by your house, and cut/split a chord of wood in less than an hour! Whatcha got for that smartasses?

I'll carry my useless a$$ on to another thread now, carry on!
I live in alabama right where the tornados went through... I know plenty about cutting some trees up. lol.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:10 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

I got lucky as a kid and my parents got me a Tandy. Was writing basic code when I was 10... Don't think of myself as smart just had a lot of time to practice compared to most my age. I'm Asst Fire Chief (training officer) at my local department as well... Between the two I'm constantly short on time to get anything done... what little time I do have I try to spend wisely.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:15 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Hmm. Power Lineman, here.

Quick Reply: Track, -500 DA today, 12.49?