Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Just ran an SRT Charger from 20-100 (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 04:19 PM
willys srt8
2nd Gear Member

Like I said, although it is probable that Turbo has beaten some, and absolutly anything can and usually does happen on the street, "crushing" them is unlilkey with his numbers.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Agreed.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:43 PM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ****** srt8
Like I said, although it is probable that Turbo has beaten some, and absolutly anything can and usually does happen on the street, "crushing" them is unlilkey with his numbers.
in all fairness, there is a chance that is was an rt with super bee badges as i have a 4.0 that looks like a Steeda . but I assure you, I crushed him by at least 5 cars. so I'll give you that, but I still think I would surprise you with a 30-120 roll race. no matter the outcome it would be a hell of a race.
as far as my number, remember I don't have posi. and I'm using small 235 pzero. that tends to affect your time in the 1/4, not so much on the roll.

Last edited by turbo 2.8; 05-13-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:08 PM
willys srt8
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by turbo 2.8
in all fairness, there is a chance that is was an rt with super bee badges as i have a 4.0 that looks like a Steeda . but I assure you, I crushed him by at least 5 cars. so I'll give you that, but I still think I would surprise you with a 30-120 roll race. no matter the outcome it would be a hell of a race.
as far as my number, remember I don't have posi. and I'm using small 235 pzero. that tends to affect your time in the 1/4, not so much on the roll.
Don't feel bad, I don't have a posi. either with a 3.06 FD and Falken 452s. I would love to run but I am seriously south of you. Besides, I'm just your typical 440 whp(I don't have that sheet as stated before so I usually won't mention it because I can't show proof) boat although I do shine from a roll. I do understand that the performance of your car may not be reflected by your numbers as my numbers were done while spinning ALOT. I have beaten many cars on the street that I can't touch on the track or from a dig. Like you said, from a roll tires/weight aren't as much of a factor. However, horsepower is hard to over come if your opponent has a better power to weight ratio.

Last edited by willys srt8; 05-13-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:06 PM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Street tires on a stock stall. I do have 3.73s to help with the launch. The tires are Hankook Ventus. Pretty decent rubber imo.
Damn bro. And I thought my times were good for street tires, lol. Those Ls1s are nasty. I know the SS's come with 275s stock but still.

Do you plan on stalling your car?
Old 05-13-2012, 11:07 PM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

Don't feel bad, I don't have a posi. either with a 3.06 FD and Falken 452s. I would love to run but I am seriously south of you. Besides, I'm just your typical 440 whp(I don't have that sheet as stated before so I usually won't mention it because I can't show proof) boat although I do shine from a roll. I do understand that the performance of your car may not be reflected by your numbers as my numbers were done while spinning ALOT. I have beaten many cars on the street that I can't touch on the track or from a dig. Like you said, from a roll tires/weight aren't as much of a factor. However, horsepower is hard to over come if your opponent has a better power to weight ratio.
nor do I have limited slip, I have open wheel.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:30 PM
willys srt8
2nd Gear Member

SRT8s are open diffs
Old 05-14-2012, 01:01 AM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

SRT8s are open diffs
yes and no, they use traction control to limit the slip, if you don't get 2 nice black marks during your burn out, she's got problems. I got one wheel peel no matter what I do. less I change the rear.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:15 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 3vStang
Damn bro. And I thought my times were good for street tires, lol. Those Ls1s are nasty. I know the SS's come with 275s stock but still.

Do you plan on stalling your car?
Its definitely a combination of the 275s and a very sticky track. On the street she's pretty tricky to go WOT under 45-50 mph without slipping and sliding.

I plan on stalling for sure. I really want to do a built trans at the same time, so I'm kind of on the fence about how to go about it.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:54 AM
willys srt8
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by turbo 2.8
yes and no, they use traction control to limit the slip, if you don't get 2 nice black marks during your burn out, she's got problems. I got one wheel peel no matter what I do. less I change the rear.
LOL you are reaching. But I'll play. First off the ESP(electronic stability program)/BAS(brake assist)/ABS system runs a self test at 7mph and is inoperative below that speed. Second, the car will overpower the ESP/BAS/ESP and only warn you that you are sliding. Lastly, a SRT8 unlike an R/T, has three modes of ESP, On, Partial On and full off. When generally speaking, people turn off the ESP when doing a burn out. From a dig, If I romp it, I spin through 3rd. From a 30ish roll in auto when I romp it, it downshifts and imediately spins shifts and spins some more.

Quick Reply: Just ran an SRT Charger from 20-100 (vid)