Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

12.1@112mph.. 2.4 60 ft!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 08:44 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
it really doesn't matter what you are driving. You can't run a 12.1@112 with a 2.4 60 foot, unless you hit the brakes before the traps. You'd have to be traveling faster than 112 to make up that much time. Your second run says 3.2 60 foot with a 12.3@112, which is just impossible. Not doubting your car can run 12.1, just doubting the accuracy of the entire slip based on the 60 foot and trap speeds.
well if my 60 ft.s were higher than they're supposed to be, I wonder if the ET is also higher than my actual real time

I don't know but just about every car I ran I put a killin' on.. talking about straight bus lengths on them. No joke. I pulled up against a Skyline and he backed out of the race (deep staged then backed off into the pitts)

Going there tomorrow and Sunday to get things right on track

They go all out on competition nights as far as track prep is concerned..
Old 05-25-2013, 04:37 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

I'm willing to bet the next time out the sixty will be in the 1.6-1.7 range. The rest of the slip will stay about the same.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:46 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Well I hope to run solid 12.0's but thanks for the vote of confidence lol
Old 05-26-2013, 12:40 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Name:  124.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  43.9 KB

Not today for those solid 12's and 75+ degree weather compared to the 58 or so of the other night!

My 60 fts. stayed right at 1.8 so no gains there. When things get hot.. they really get hot. I can feel it pull a huge amount of power as the night progresses so I left as the temps were climbing. The trans was also not liking those launches and began to slip big time, so why push my luck.

Overall, not bad for a very hot day (for us anyways lol). Ran a handful of 12.5 and 12.6's. When I was running 13.4's I knew it was hopeless lol

No point in heat soaking both the trans, motor and blower.. going back in the AM when things are nice and cool! No more of this evening racing crap!
Old 05-26-2013, 05:11 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

How expensive is it when that AWD drive train goes? Reason I ask. I have a buddy with a 335Xi and alot of boost thru bigger turbos. I told him thru past experience that when you ad power somewhere you expose the next weak link down the line. He said the BMW drive trains are bullet proof from the factory, LOL. He's looking at a $5 grand bill for tranny repairs. You have the car running strong and I'm not trying to blow out your candle but keep in mind your now in a whole different world as far as power is concerned. Your drive train is going to struggle with the new found power.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I agree with BB. Not sure what those trannys are rated at, or how cool you have it running. Mine is stock too, so with a locking stall and a 100 RWHP over stock, she is catching hell. I ALWAYS take at least a 30-60 minute break between runs to let it cool down. Heat is usually what kills them, so if your trans is weak like mine, make sure you let that sucker cool down between runs. No hot lapping. Thats why you started running slower too, your blower was heat soaking the car. You need to get an intercooler on there and maybe ice it down.

Enough lecturing. Nice runs! That car is hauling ***. Its gotta feel good pulling with all that TQ.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:53 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
How expensive is it when that AWD drive train goes? Reason I ask. I have a buddy with a 335Xi and alot of boost thru bigger turbos. I told him thru past experience that when you ad power somewhere you expose the next weak link down the line. He said the BMW drive trains are bullet proof from the factory, LOL. He's looking at a $5 grand bill for tranny repairs. You have the car running strong and I'm not trying to blow out your candle but keep in mind your now in a whole different world as far as power is concerned. Your drive train is going to struggle with the new found power.
I have plans for a built T-case (roughly $1,600) and a built trans ($4,500) and transmission coolers ($300-500) next season.

Another reason why I didn't just crank out 8 psi and stick with 5 psi at first. No fun breaking something the first season I get the blower lol

The NAG1 only forces lock up in 2nd, not first, and with a 3500 stall it heats things up real quick with all that torque.

Remember a month or so ago when I snapped all three bolts off the driveshaft? lol I have a bag full of bolts now and always check those bolts weekly! rofl

Originally Posted by Stone629
I agree with BB. Not sure what those trannys are rated at, or how cool you have it running. Mine is stock too, so with a locking stall and a 100 RWHP over stock, she is catching hell. I ALWAYS take at least a 30-60 minute break between runs to let it cool down. Heat is usually what kills them, so if your trans is weak like mine, make sure you let that sucker cool down between runs. No hot lapping. Thats why you started running slower too, your blower was heat soaking the car. You need to get an intercooler on there and maybe ice it down.

Enough lecturing. Nice runs! That car is hauling ***. Its gotta feel good pulling with all that TQ.
Thanks for the words of wisdom

They say it's good up to 450-480whp, but that's on RWD cars not AWD. Driving all hour wheels plus the t-case has got to be bigger burden on it than just the rear driveshaft

lol I really should let it rest a lot longer. The only resting I do is in the staging pitts or about 15 minutes tops. I rested a lot on that last test and tune nights because only like 5 cars were running that night lol

The kit is an intercooled kit, but honesty, the heat exchanger dosen't look the beefiest. Something I can definety upgrade down the road.

You're not kidding about that heat. It heat soaks twice as fast as my 08 Mustang with the Vortech@10 psi, despite producing half the boost!

I think today, I will do two runs.. rest, two runs, rest etc. No point risking damage on a 12.9 run when I can rest and pull a much better time. I totally forgot the realm I was entering.. the realm called boost!!
Old 05-26-2013, 06:17 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

no such luck. Bests of 12.3@110mph..

Last edited by stealth_GT; 05-26-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:02 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

That would be my guess. Good excuse to do headers! Looks like she's a solid low 12 car til you get the stall. That should be enough to punch you in the 11s.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:30 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Once I hit 12.0's consistently, I think that may be about it for the Charger.. the project has been going a little more overboard than I had intended when I looked at that mods list again lol