Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

First kill in the new stang!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 10:14 AM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Default First kill in the new stang!

So it has been a long friggin time since I posted in this section of the forum...but since I have a fast car again...the stories continue!

Last night around 8:30 I decided that I was going to get some ice cream for me and my girl to eat during Game of Thrones. Its the last thing I need but something about chocolate chip cookie dough is intoxicating. I am always quick to go places now a days because of the new 2014 GT sitting in my driveway, and I am pretty sure there is a substance close to crack cocaine in "new car smell".
I grab my keys and head out to the driveway. I am reveling in the sheer sexiness of my car when I hear "JethroCledusDumb****" down the street revving his S2000, and all his friends are hooting and hollering like downs kids that won tickets out of a ski ball machine at Chuck E Cheese. As soon as I start my car they all stopped and stared. I make it a point to drive out of the neighborhood the back way, past this dudes house, to try and bait him out for some embarrassment. Hook, Line, and Sinker. Johnny Tran scrambles to get his top up when I am going past and I know he wants to play. I wait at the stop sign of my neighborhood to turn out onto the main road until I see the HID's come up from the rear.
I pull out on to the road and casually shift gears and poke along like a 50 something year old dude in a Prius. Tran makes it a point to give me a fly by. He then slows down to get next to me and pegs out his tach and is bouncing off the rev limiter. There is one light coming up, that to my luck, is turning red. There is about a mile stretch of road after the light until it dead ends into a tree line. I casually stop at the light and keep my eyes forward. Tran pulls up next to me and again is bouncing off the rev limiter. I instantly think in my head "This must be how a lion feels when its about to attack its prey and the prey is taking an aggressive stance." Laughable. The light turns green and I hit the throttle like (insert Chris Brown joke). The 5.0 unleashes its horses in a grand fashion. I have wheel spin out the *** in first, then I shift to second and I am still breaking loose. The tires are squealing as I shift into third and then traction finally decides to show up to the party. At this point I am about a Greyhound Bus length out in front. I am on cloud nine at this point because its been so long since I have dragged someones *** across the pavement. Everything is in slow motion and this song starts playing in my head.

I slow down and make it to the stop sign at the end of the street. I look in my rearview and notice Tran had given up about a 1/4 mile back and busted a U-turn to head back to his bro's. On the way back in to the neighborhood I noticed that the once bustling group of YoloSWAG#420BLAZEIT bro's were all standing in silence around the S2000 that had its hood opened. I slow down and Tran says to me "my intake got too hot and killed my launch. I guess I need a cold air intake." I played along with it and said "have you heard of the turbonator?" He was very intrigued. I gave him a thumbs up and left the rice paddy.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:33 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

That's the equivalent of me picking on a civic. Lol nice read, I'd say nice kill but that's expected in this match up, although it's always fun to put foot to *** and scrape someone!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:33 AM
R1nStang
2nd Gear Member

HAHAHA awesome man! enjoyed the way you told the story too. I'm not near as creative but heres my fun from the weekend. Heading down the road with the gf. Me and her are goofing off and playing around with each other. I've been driving my typical edge of your seat fashion, sliding the rear end out thru empty turns, pumping the brakes to make her jerk foward then back ...you know...just making her life hell haha. I notice a 350Z up ahead with a few decals on the back. go past him and kinda gas it just a little to hear the mustang note. Get to the red light and both of us are in front. I'm goofing off with the woman again and just keeping an eye on the light, not really expecting a race...driver of the Z looked like 35-40. Light turns green im still goofing with the woman and starting heading off...then suddenly I hear a high pitched growl next to me....my instincts kick in I turn my attention 110% to the driving, slam down the gas pedal and hit redline immediately throw it down into 2nd gear and slam the go pedal back down, I hear my car screaming like king kong, his car screaming like barbara strisand, girlfriend is oblivious to whats going on...shes just thinking im doing my normal thing, slam into 3rd gear look over and im about 4-5 cars in front now, just for good measure i throw it in 4th just to embarrass the guy a little more and get another few car lengths ahead. Coming up on traffic, and my entrance ramp so I get over into the far left lane (which is the lane he was already in) start slowing down for the traffic making sure I blip the throttle on the downshifts, look back and hes slowed down now to...and gotten all the way over to the right and peddled away off into the distance on the access road.....im laughin my *** off...girlfriend is confused...said she didnt even know the guy was racing us haha. "didnt you hear his exhaust screaming at the light?" "oh....i heard a loud exhaust...i didnt know it meant he was racing" hahaha.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:26 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Nice. It's spring so there's a lot of bigger fish out there ready to take the bait.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:24 PM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Good stories all, fun reads.

My intake gets hot all the time.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:13 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Ummm did the ice cream taste good?
Old 04-15-2014, 11:12 AM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

The ice cream was delicious.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:17 AM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

S2000 and "Johnny Tran scrambles to get his top up...".

That **** was awesome.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:47 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Great prose, confused the ricer's huh. I had a super charged 4.6 play with me yesterday. He liked my 3.7. No place to race just hit the throttle side by side.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:24 AM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

hahahaahah Johny Tran

classic

Did he really think he would win?

Quick Reply: First kill in the new stang!