Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Headed to the track tonight

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 02:28 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Here's a video of my Bullitt vs a 2013 GT500

And a compilation of my single runs during the night.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:32 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by buster
Nice run....little hotrodders trick instead of covering your car with tape........just rub it off with peanut butter. It works
Thanks Buster. Regarding your other post, I'm not really into bracket racing just yet but will definitely refer to this suggestion when I'm ready for it. I like the atmosphere of test n tunes more than bracket racing.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:22 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
Thanks Buster. Regarding your other post, I'm not really into bracket racing just yet but will definitely refer to this suggestion when I'm ready for it. I like the atmosphere of test n tunes more than bracket racing.
I know what you mean about atmosphere. I use a bit of gamesmanship sometimes. ie. I took my tuner and put it upside down on my centre console, plugged it in and just left it there. Went and stood 20 ft away (crowded). I see the guy I'm about to race just casually walk past and casually stop and glace into the car through my tint looking at the tuner for a long time. It was hilarious. A bit of a mind f*** on my part.

As far as my suggestions go. Just do everything exactly the same every run. Sometimes I would pop the clutch at 1500 rpms off the line. Shift at 4000 rpm every time. Bracket racing is not about performance, its about consistency. Get the car as hot as you can. It's a game, not a race.

PS I absolutely LOVE the wheels you have on your car.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Car looks really good, Crash. +1 on those wheels. Where did you find that tape? Or is it just painters tape? I usually just wipe mine off by hand after each pass, but it still leaves a slight residue sometimes doing it that way.

Your runs look good. You really only spun on one of the passes, but I did notice it sounds like you are leaving from a pretty low RPM on the others. Looks like the car is hooking pretty good on those passes, but its falling on its face as soon you get out with it. If you can bring your RPM up a little more and slip the clutch to compensate, it should hold the car at a higher RPM and keep the RPM and nose up better. Its harder to do on lowered cars imo since the rear doesn't squat as much, but it still helps. At any rate, car looks, sounds, and runs good, man!
Old 06-01-2014, 11:17 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Thanks stone, I tried from a range of 2k to almost 4500k on some runs and worked on my clutch slipping. I put my times on an excel sheet and saw that my car is just falling flat after the 1/8. :/ and ya. That's just painter tape, made it hella easy to clean.

Last edited by crash; 06-01-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
Thanks stone, I tried from a range of 2k to almost 4500k on some runs and worked on my clutch slipping. I put my times on an excel sheet and saw that my car is just falling flat after the 1/8. :/ and ya. That's just painter tape, made it hella easy to clean.
Gotcha, well it is normal for the old 2v to fall flat after the 1/8th. Always have been good stoplight to stoplight cars though. Maybe you need a little nitrous up top

Well damn, I have lots of painters tape! I'll use it next time. I hate how the track rubber sticks to the exhaust though, stuff cooks on there and stays!
Old 06-01-2014, 04:45 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Wow after seeing your on drag radials I take back the 2.0 is pretty good statement. Don't know what it is with the new edge guys struggling with their sixtys. I don't even know what kind of advice to give you and explosive. Seams like you guys are trying everything. If slipping the clutch isn't working just clutch drop at 4500 and hope something doesn't break.???
Old 06-01-2014, 05:01 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Wow after seeing your on drag radials I take back the 2.0 is pretty good statement. Don't know what it is with the new edge guys struggling with their sixtys. I don't even know what kind of advice to give you and explosive. Seams like you guys are trying everything. If slipping the clutch isn't working just clutch drop at 4500 and hope something doesn't break.???
The positive thing is my avg 60' time is a consistent 2.0 compared to my 2.15's last month and 2.2 on my first outing; and my average e.t. Is now 13.8's. What worries me is my avg trap speed is dropping. On Friday my avg trap was 100.78 where as a month ago it was 102 ish.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:02 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Would an IRS be part of the issue
Old 06-01-2014, 05:25 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

I'm pretty sure you have a solid axle. Don't forget the air isn't as dense because of temperature

Quick Reply: Headed to the track tonight