Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Track day with my 2017 GT PP

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 12:54 PM
Sputnik775

Default Track day with my 2017 GT PP

So just wanted to share my experience doing a track day for the first time in my GT. I can imagine that many are wanting to do it in their cars, but may hesitate because they don't want the car to break, use up tires, breaks etc. My recommendation is ignore all that and DO IT!
I live in Austin TX, we have a little unknown gem here that has classes from beginner to experienced driver with track that was designed to resemble certain tracks around the world (elevation changes and technical turns). Anyhow, I went and was very impressed at capabilities of the little GT pp. The car held up just fine with doing over 5-6 twenty five minute sessions throughout the day. No overheating, no weird noises, no burning oil, no soft brakes, clutch is fine, tranny is fine (despite terribly timed downshifts from time to time).
I do occasional autocross and the stress on the car with autocross is not bad compared with a track day. Just make sure you let your car cool down prior to shutting it off. I think I was the only one that did that. I was the only one who checked the tire pressure as well and adjusted it throughout the day...
I don't have anything special on the car, pretty much stock with corsa sport catback. The experience was pretty awesome and I loved hitting the 6500-7000 rpm range (never really get to do that on the street) My tires which were relatively new held up well to abuse (firestone firehawk) running 275's all around. I'll be putting up a video shortly on youtube, you can find me at The Motoring Experience. What has your experience been like?
Old 04-08-2019, 12:12 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

That sounds awesome man, looking forward to seeing the video.