Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

camber caster plates.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 07:01 PM
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

Default camber caster plates.

Simple thread. Who's is best in terms of quality durability and adjustability? Do the y offer any drop in ride height? Please help.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Simple answer.. I have J&m and have no issues....
Old 03-02-2012, 09:19 PM
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

That is simple. However just a little too simple. Do they make any plates with built in drop.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Pre-S197 CC plates are not going to offer a drop on OEM located springs and no need to do so on a CO spring.

What suspension mods have you currently and what are your ULTIMATE goals?

Jazzer
Old 03-04-2012, 09:21 AM
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

No mods yet but in the next 6 months tube k and coil overs. The ultimate goal forbthe car is a Jack of all trades I guess. A little drag duty a little Autocross and a little spirites driving in the mountains. However this will be my DD. So reliability is of great concern. The reason I was wondering about plates is I have to get an alignment and wanted to gobahead and have them on. I'm learning suspension as I go. I read your suspension guide. Really great info. Beautiful car too. I guess if your familiar with the term g machine you might get a better idea what I'm going for. One that can hold its own in all areas. I'm more a drag racer myself but I do like to shred some corners once in a while.

Last edited by phoenixfriend84; 03-04-2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: add info
Old 03-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Well.... you wont get a car that is truly everything, as the quarter and quarner are very much different directions. AX and open-track will put greater stress on most of the suspension parts, so I recommend you build it for cornering and just accept the given results for the launch-pad. Basically, there are some common items, but then the direction needs to be focused for "greatness" at a given direction:

1. FLSFC's ~ a must for a pre-S197 and the first place I recommend you start. If you REALLY want to be hard-core, I would go both upper and lower frame support. Griggs has a few options here and one of the biggest players in open-track Mustang suspension.
2. LCA's ~ You read my guide, so you know what I like here
3. .... decision time

Springs are probably the single biggest fundamental change of direction needed between 1/4 mile and AX/open-track cars. I would stick to MM or Griggs for most of the parts as they are focused on cornering and where 1/4 mile parts either aren't strong enough or don't work well on corners. A good rule of thumb:

A fantastic corner-carver will be "OK" on the drag strip
A fantastic 1/4 mile ride will be "HORRIBLE" in the corners

Your thoughts?

Jazzer
Old 03-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by phoenixfriend84
That is simple. However just a little too simple. Do they make any plates with built in drop.
Isn't that what you asked for? GL!
Old 03-05-2012, 04:12 PM
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

Jazzer sounds like a plan. From what I've seen in most street driven cars is that its 80 % driver in the quarter anyway. That is to say you can have a million dollar car yet if you can't drive its useless. Who do you recommend as a general company to go to for everything? I need long term reliability and a mid to lower high end budget. I was already planning on flsc.

Last edited by phoenixfriend84; 03-05-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:41 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by phoenixfriend84
Jazzer sounds like a plan. From what I've seen in most street driven cars is that its 80 % driver in the quarter anyway. That is to say you can have a million dollar car yet if you can't drive its useless. Who do you recommend as a general company to go to for everything? I need long term reliability and a mid to lower high end budget. I was already planning on flsc.
I can typically tack a big +1 onto anything Jazzer says.

I'll go ahead and throw UPR's name into the hat. www.uprproducts.com

We have quite a few different options for CC-plates on New Edge Stangs, ranging from budget steel cc-plates for $117 to four-bolt cc-plates for $135 to polished billet aluminum ones for $180. All of our cc-plates are Made in America and carry a Lifetime Guarantee.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:15 PM
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

Sharad I looked at some of the parts on the website seems a great selection of pretty much everything. If the part is marketed as a upr part is it made inhiuse or subcontracted to another source?

Quick Reply: camber caster plates.