Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

which adjustable coilovers go the lowest?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 10:46 AM
drunkyoda
2nd Gear Member

Default which adjustable coilovers go the lowest?

im looking for the coilovers that go the lowest.

has anyone used the d2's? how is the quality?

this is for a 2014 v6
Old 08-14-2013, 10:39 AM
drunkyoda
2nd Gear Member

no one knows? Or everyone is just on springs?

Cmon mustang community someone out there has to know this... not everyone likes to have gobs of wheel gap.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:45 AM
427Roush
1st Gear Member

Just saw a slammed 2013 at the car show. Why not bag it?
Old 08-15-2013, 09:37 AM
drunkyoda
2nd Gear Member

because i like to say that im static.

Air is cool... but i like the feel of coils.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:21 AM
drunkyoda
2nd Gear Member

So with more research I have found the BC racing c/o's seem the best for the money
Old 08-16-2013, 10:37 PM
silverstang23
2nd Gear Member

To answer your first question air goes the lowest. You second answer KW v3's. I have personally been in cars with v3's, d2's and m/m c/o. So while my opinion is biased it is biased because I did all the same research and that's what I concluded and believe I made the right choice (at least for my needs). Call Sam Strano if you're unsure. Great guy
Old 08-17-2013, 09:19 AM
C. Love
1st Gear Member

Fact is 98% of "mustang guys" go with lowering springs and of the remaining 2% 1/2 of them are in the mindset you NEED 3-5k coilovers. Well that isnt true. If you are a race team, have money to throw at your car or are a hardcore track guy then sure KW or some high end brands might be the ticket but if you want street, semi-low and keep your wallet in tact there are others.

From my experience on mustangs, 240's, hondas and a few other cars

D2-ok but not a lot of support and sometimes will rust. Also if something breaks kinda hard to get spare parts. I havent owned these but friends have.

Kw-great have gotten way better over the years they used to corrode and the collars would get stuck. Also haven't owned these but friends have. These have gotten super popular over the years.

Megan/BC- these are suppose to be the same thing. Owned both. The megans I had on my car (240sx) for 4 years. It was a track car but the car was pummeled every time I drove it and I even had a few very hard hits and coilovers were fine. Megans worked great never had an issue really surprised honestly.

BC used these on my 2011 so far (6months in) so good. I would recommend upgrading to a slightly stiffer spring. I believe they come with 5k/6k i went to 6/8 i think i wish i would have gone slightly stiffer but i track my car a bit and its full weight however trade off on the street would be a slightly harsher ride. I lowered my car a decent amount, about 3.5 inches and thus far ride isnt too bad, it handles way better, and the coilovers have had no issues.
For the money I would do them again. TThe downfall of being kinda low is the dumb exhaust hits the panhard bar support on big bumps. Doesn't hurt anything but is annoying. I personally wouldnt go any lower than where I am at. I also have adjustable links (lower, and upper) and sway bars all around. the links are a must

so for reference the car

Last edited by C. Love; 08-17-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:16 PM
drunkyoda
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by C. Love
Fact is 98% of "mustang guys" go with lowering springs and of the remaining 2% 1/2 of them are in the mindset you NEED 3-5k coilovers. Well that isnt true. If you are a race team, have money to throw at your car or are a hardcore track guy then sure KW or some high end brands might be the ticket but if you want street, semi-low and keep your wallet in tact there are others.

From my experience on mustangs, 240's, hondas and a few other cars

D2-ok but not a lot of support and sometimes will rust. Also if something breaks kinda hard to get spare parts. I havent owned these but friends have.

Kw-great have gotten way better over the years they used to corrode and the collars would get stuck. Also haven't owned these but friends have. These have gotten super popular over the years.

Megan/BC- these are suppose to be the same thing. Owned both. The megans I had on my car (240sx) for 4 years. It was a track car but the car was pummeled every time I drove it and I even had a few very hard hits and coilovers were fine. Megans worked great never had an issue really surprised honestly.

BC used these on my 2011 so far (6months in) so good. I would recommend upgrading to a slightly stiffer spring. I believe they come with 5k/6k i went to 6/8 i think i wish i would have gone slightly stiffer but i track my car a bit and its full weight however trade off on the street would be a slightly harsher ride. I lowered my car a decent amount, about 3.5 inches and thus far ride isnt too bad, it handles way better, and the coilovers have had no issues.
For the money I would do them again. TThe downfall of being kinda low is the dumb exhaust hits the panhard bar support on big bumps. Doesn't hurt anything but is annoying. I personally wouldnt go any lower than where I am at. I also have adjustable links (lower, and upper) and sway bars all around. the links are a must
wow! thank you for all the info.

are you running stock exhaust?

i know the links are a must im just trying to decide if i want to go the coilover route or if i want to go sportlines or lowest spring and use the money i would save for power...