Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

K member help

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 09:11 PM
Indy-Vert

Default K member help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mangled my OEM K member in an accident back in 2010. I bought a used one, installed it and discovered it MIGHT be bent, as well. It's been back on the road since January and the car tracks fine but I suspect one front hub axis is an inch behind the other. Here-say suggests the factory unit is soft as butter and contorts easily in the face of even mild-to-moderate front end impacts. If the K member is professionally diagnosed as the culprit, then I don't want another factory unit (even if I could, by some miracle, locate a new one). So, which aftermarket piece should I buy?

It's a DD and I don't want to compromise safety, ride quality or NVH.

Coil-over conversion is appealing to me, as I was planning on lowering the car with an Eibach Pro Kit before I started obsessing over the k member issue. If I can also improve handling characteristics/better suspension geometry correctness/more adjustment range also then I certainly won't cry about that(even if it comes with a pinch of increased NVH)

My concern is that I don't really understand the "cons" of the swap....what do I lose, here?

Looks to me like UPR or MM would be the way to go but am curious about the Steeda unit, as they have been in the roadracing game for years and their boxed unit looks beefier and more solid than the others.

I read a prior k member thread where Jazzer and Sharad commented and would gladly welcome their opinions here, too.

Thoughts, opinions?
Old 08-27-2013, 06:17 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

UPR, or Team Z. If u get tubular a arms with poly bushings ur going to get some noise just the way it is.