SVT Forums

FORD WHAT A DISSAPPOINTMENT

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 04:49 AM
98KINGCOBRA

Default FORD WHAT A DISSAPPOINTMENT

MY FELLOW FORD LOVERS I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO! HERES MY STORY MY MOTOR BLEW IN MY 98 COBRA I LOOKED IN TO A NEWER CAR FOUND A TRANS AM ALL I HAD TO DO WAS SIGN THE PAPER, BUT I LOVE MY CAR AND I LOVE FORDS SO I DECIDED TO REPLACE THE MOTOR AND DO EVERYTHING I ALWAYS WANTED TO IT. I INVESTED $10000 IN THE CAR NEW MOTOR WITH A 36000 MILE WARRENTY FULL EXAUST FROM SHORTY HEADERS TO MAGNAFLOW TIPS FULL SUSPENSION JOB FRONT AND BACK. I GOT THE CAR BACK IN DECEMBER I LOVED IT. IT RAN LIKE A CHAMP VERY SATISFIDED. LAST WEEK MY OIL PUMP STOPPED WORKIN AND MY MOTOR SEIZED I THOUGHT FORD WOULD JUST REPLACE THE MOTOR INSTEAD THEY ARE MAKING ME JUMP THROUGH HOOPS AND TRYIN TO FIND SOME WAY TO BLAME IT ON ME. FIRST THEY MAKE MY MECHINEC TOW THE CAR AT MY EXPENSE TO THE LOCAL FORD DEALER SHIP SO THEY CAN INSPECT IT. ITS GOING TO SIT THERE FOR 2 WEEKS CUZ THEY HAVE TWO CARS IN FRONT OF ME. AND THAT CAR IS MY PRIMARY TRANSPORTATION SO I HAVE TO RENT A CAR, MORE MONEY OUT MY POCKET. ONCE ITS MY TURN THEY R GONNA SCAN MY COMPUTER TO SEE IF THERE WERE ANY CHIPS INSTALLED IN THE CAR. WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR THERE WAS A JET CHIP. I REMOVED THAT CHIP WITH MY NEW MOTOR IT NEVER RAN WITH IT. BUT IM SURE THE COMPUTER IS GONNA READ A CHIP BECAUSE I DID NOT REPLACE THE COMPUTER. AND IF I PASS THE COMPUTER SCAN THEY THEN WILL TEAR THE MOTOR DOWN AND IF THEY FIND ANYTHING THAT I SOME HOW COULD HAVE CAUSED THEY R GONNA CHARGE ME $1700 FOR THE LABOR AND MAKE ME BUY A NEW MOTOR. COME ON!!!!! IM SO FRUSTRATED WITH THIS SITUATION IM GOIN CRAZY!! I LOVE FORDS BUT THEY R DEFINITLY DROPPING THE BALL. I HAD THIS CAR FOR TWO MONTHS THEN BOOM AND NOW IM FIGHTING FOR MY WARRENTY. WHAT WOULD U DO? ANY ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICATED.

ONE SAD FORD CUSTOMER
Old 03-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: FORD WHAT A DISSAPPOINTMENT

I would turn off caps lock. You bought the motor from ford?

You could have saved yourself $5,000 bucks if you bought it elsewhere and you wouldn't be having this headache. If the oil pump failed then they cannot blame anything on you, whether you had a modified computer chip or not.

It's time to call a lawyer.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:09 PM
TTSvtCobra17

id have to agree its time to file a lawsuit.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:01 AM
TimmyGt
3rd Gear Member

I bet if you even had a lawyer tell them you where going to press charges then would start to jump through hoops for you! most the time they will try whatever to not have to pay for things if you show then you wont take it its not to hard to get your way!
Old 03-08-2006, 06:01 AM
98KINGCOBRA

CAPS OFF LOL
Im gonna see how the scan turns out and let them tear it down and if they wont warrenty it im definitly gonna get a lawyer ill keep yall posted on this bull $hit
Old 03-08-2006, 01:48 PM
MTShambles
1st Gear Member

Even with a chip, the oil pump wouldnt fail.

Sadly, the Sn-95's do have a habit with that pump failing over time. Im glad mine hasnt yet, either that or its been replaced .