SVT Forums

boost bypass mod???

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 01:21 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

Default boost bypass mod???

does anyone know anything about this. If it accually doesn't anything. I was on rpmoutlet and they gave instructions for free for this mod and it does something i was read slightly on it. Just wanted to know if any 03-04 cobra owner has done it and noticed any sort of difference.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:40 PM
spray175
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: boost bypass mod???

I did it and couldnt tell a difference. i just put it back the way it was. it only takes 5 minutes if that.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:42 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

not even it took my 5 seconds and it raining today so i can't drive it around to tell if accually does something. I was trying to read what it did, but i just couldn't make any sense of it.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:44 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

what do they say it does? Free mods usually lead to trouble down the line
Old 07-24-2006, 02:55 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

What is a boost bypass valve?

The bypass valve is integrated in the supercharging system. When low engine power is required, the bypass allows air to enter the engine without passing through the supercharger. The supercharger bypass valve operates in the following manner:

* Under normal engine operating condition vacuum is supplied to the bypass valve. The valve opens, diverting excess airflow back into the air plenum. This prevents the supercharger from “cavitating.â€
1. Cavitating causes reduced performance, increased temperature, and poor fuel economy.
* At high engine demands, vacuum is removed from the bypass valve causing it to close. This directs all airflow from the supercharger to the intake manifold.
* The supercharger boost (SCB) solenoid is used to control intake manifold vacuum to the vacuum bypass actuator. The PCM transmits an output signal to the SCB solenoid, which activates the solenoid to bypass vacuum when the engine is under maximum boost, reducing the boost pressure by up to 3 PSI.
* Click-On Printer image for Supercharger airflow diagram. Click-Here for Instructions

Purpose of a "Boost Bypass Modification"

The purpose of a "Boost Bypass Modification" is to supply continuous boost from your supercharger when engine is under maximum boost limits set by the factory. When acceleration exceeds factory limits (8 psi).

With our boost bypass modification, you will now be able to keep your boost at the maximum level when under WOT usage. The term “boost bypass†is a bit misleading by all those dealers advertising this kit for a price. Its true name should be, WOT bypass eliminator kit . . . This modification does not effect normal engine operation and is designed for modifying boost bypass at WOT only. (WOT= wide open throttle)

Thats what it says
Old 07-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Boost leaks down in the Eaton.

It won't make a noticable difference on a stock Cobra, but put a pulley on and try it, you'll see the difference.

Why don't you mod your Cobra yellow?
Old 07-24-2006, 03:18 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

It won't make a noticable difference on a stock Cobra, but put a pulley on and try it, you'll see the difference.

i am once i get some money, but when i do i'm porting getting a CAI and a pulley and tune. I just need to save like 1500 bucks that should cover that.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:54 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

put it on a discover card get 2% back and then you can make payments on it
Old 07-24-2006, 05:40 PM
freewilly
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: yellowcobra

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

i am once i get some money, but when i do i'm porting getting a CAI and a pulley and tune. I just need to save like 1500 bucks that should cover that.
BEWARE OF RPM OUTLET!.. they dont return ANYTHING ! dont order from them. all returns done by e mail only and they wait till your 15 days is out ,im stuck with a sct tuner i didn't need. DON'T BUY FROM THEM .THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:54 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: David_K

put it on a discover card get 2% back and then you can make payments on it
Thats why i don't have money right now i just had to pay off two 3k credit cards. Now that they are paided off and so is my TV i can start saving a little more each month.

Quick Reply: boost bypass mod???