SVT Forums

Anyone have the LFP heat exchanger?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 02:14 PM
zincsvtcobra
2nd Gear Member

Default Anyone have the LFP heat exchanger?

I purchased an AFCO Pro Series from a company, but a week later, I call them an find out that they have been out of stock for a while. Thanks rpmoutlet for the initiative to let me know. Anyhow, I am wondering if anyone has, or has info, on the LFP dual pass heat exchanger. The tech says that theirs is actually a little larger than AFCO's pro series. LFP also offers it with the SVT, Cobra, etc. stenciling on it for the same price. Should I wait for the AFCO, or is the LFP just as, or more efficient? Thanks
Old 08-25-2006, 04:36 PM
spray175
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone have the LFP heat exchanger?

I have it. Do a search I posted some pics of it on here. Neither one is better. Everyone says the LFP is the best bang for the buck.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:06 PM
zincsvtcobra
2nd Gear Member

Thanks man. I ask because LFP can get me one next Tues, but AFCO's are on back order. I really need one with this TX heat.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:56 PM
JamesTronix
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zincsvtcobra

I purchased an AFCO Pro Series from a company, but a week later, I call them an find out that they have been out of stock for a while. Thanks rpmoutlet for the initiative to let me know. Anyhow, I am wondering if anyone has, or has info, on the LFP dual pass heat exchanger. The tech says that theirs is actually a little larger than AFCO's pro series. LFP also offers it with the SVT, Cobra, etc. stenciling on it for the same price. Should I wait for the AFCO, or is the LFP just as, or more efficient? Thanks

rpmoutlet sux, they did me the same way on some IRS Parts. I ordered them Monday. Thursday I still had not received a ship confirmation so I called them and they were out of stock on one of the parts I needed so they just deleted the entire order and did not even tell me. I will never order from them again.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:08 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

I heard the LFP needs some things more then just the heat exchanger like extra stuff. The AFCO just bolts right on.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:58 AM
spray175
3rd Gear Member

Nah i didnt need anything extra. You use the stock brackets with the LFP. I painted mine to match the heat exchanger.

Heres the link. https://mustangforums.com/m_1756027/tm.htm
Old 08-26-2006, 07:26 AM
zincsvtcobra
2nd Gear Member

I'm gonna order an LFP today. I was going to order lowering springs to go with new rims that I bought, but I really need it. I live in a boring town where street racing is huge. I tell myself to take it easy until I get a tune and H/E, but a 06 Impreza STI and WRX reved at me today. I'm not gonna back down either, so I did the gentleman thing and beat them down.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:30 AM
zincsvtcobra
2nd Gear Member

Nice pics spray. Looks like the LFP covers the entire opening like the AFCO. Did you use spray paint to paint the brackets? Looks like they came from LFP like that. Nice job.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:32 PM
spray175
3rd Gear Member

Thanks man. I actually got some chrome color Dupli-color paint from pepboys. It matches the heat exchanger perfect. Yea the LFP covers the whole bumper just like the afco. It has the same amount of fins also. I dont see how people say the afco is any better but thats just me.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:30 PM
JamesTronix
2nd Gear Member

You can see the AFCO PRO on mine:

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k4/jamie660/

I don't have the fancy painted to match brackets like Spray175 does though...

Quick Reply: Anyone have the LFP heat exchanger?