SVT Forums

brakes????

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 12:20 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

Default brakes????

I just got 4 new rotors and pads install and now my car has this rattle noise. I went to the dealership and they said its pin clips. Supposedly if you don't have ford brake pads its going to do this. Which i think is a bunch of bull because why would they make it that you can only buy ford pads. I guess the guy at the dealership told me that the pin clip and the washer are banging against each other and thats whats making the rattle. Anyone ever heard of this or had this problem themselves????
Old 10-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Mr_Cobra
1st Gear Member

Default RE: brakes????

I dont know but it sounds like some BS, they just wanna tell you something to make you have the work done with them. ill be having to look into some new brakes pretty soon so let me know if you hear anything else about that
Old 10-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Vette_driver

BS. What kind of rattling. On my sisters honda it makes a clicking noise due to the washers teflon coating wearing off. Possibly your point. Double check the brakes and try to figure out where the noise is coming from specifically say right front or left rear...Report back as soon as you find something. Good luck
Old 10-02-2006, 09:51 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Vette_driver

BS. What kind of rattling. On my sisters honda it makes a clicking noise due to the washers teflon coating wearing off. Possibly your point. Double check the brakes and try to figure out where the noise is coming from specifically say right front or left rear...Report back as soon as you find something. Good luck
it is drivers side front that is making the noise. When i go over bumps it just rattles a little bit. Well accually alot because its getting really annoying. The car brakes and drives great. I can't put my finger on what the problem is.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:45 PM
Vette_driver

HMM...So you replaced the rotors and pads. What brand of rotors and pads? Im just trying to pin down what it could be. Also about him saying to buy only ford pads...clips on it. I thought about that and not nessicarily JUST FORD but he may be telling semi truth. Where did you get your pads and rotors from and who installed them. It may be that your pads are not quiete wedged in or a rotor might be misaligned this could possibly or possibly not affect braking. You said your breaking was good so it must not be anything major. It really could be just your pads arnt the right size and that the washer really is banging when it gets rough but lol it would have to be a good thump to hear over your car. Ill keep checking around on that. If you find anything new please post it so we can solve it quicker.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:34 AM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

i have bremo rotors and bendix pads. I'm going to take it to my buddy and we'll see.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:06 PM
svt99redcobra
3rd Gear Member

my car does the same thing. I got new pads on all four wheels, One of the pins under the pad is missing. Everytime i go over a bump it rattles, everytime. Once the pads were down a bit it ratlles just driving down the road. I just roll up the window and turn the music up. It ticks the f uck out of me. Anyway ive looked for the pins everywere and i cannot find them. I guess i need new calipers and hopefully the pins come with them. Hey i got a question....when im racing around then i hit the breaks.....thers no pedal. what could this be. Its only when im haulling *** and when im revving the engine alot.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:21 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: svt99redcobra

my car does the same thing. I got new pads on all four wheels, One of the pins under the pad is missing. Everytime i go over a bump it rattles, everytime. Once the pads were down a bit it ratlles just driving down the road. I just roll up the window and turn the music up. It ticks the f uck out of me. Anyway ive looked for the pins everywere and i cannot find them. I guess i need new calipers and hopefully the pins come with them. Hey i got a question....when im racing around then i hit the breaks.....thers no pedal. what could this be. Its only when im haulling *** and when im revving the engine alot.
yeah sound like you have the same problem. The only weird thing is i do have the pins. I just at the dealership they said something about the tension and the pin and the washer are hitting each other and thats whats making the noise. I don't know what your other problem is though.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:25 PM
svt99redcobra
3rd Gear Member

YEA I DONT KNOW EITHER,,,,HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR YOUR BRAKE SETUP. AND DO THEY SELL HIGH PERFORMANCE BRAKE BOOSTERS FOR COBRAS.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:30 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: svt99redcobra

YEA I DONT KNOW EITHER,,,,HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR YOUR BRAKE SETUP. AND DO THEY SELL HIGH PERFORMANCE BRAKE BOOSTERS FOR COBRAS.
I have a buddy that hooks me up. I bought the brakes(rotors and race pads) and got them install for $350.00.

Quick Reply: brakes????