SVT Forums

Something new 2 talk about

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 08:05 PM
zincsvtcobra
2nd Gear Member

Default Something new 2 talk about

I've noticed that this forum is getting old, so I thought I'd give us something new to talk about. Since winter's approaching and most will park our Terminators in fear of mother nature, I figure I'd ask if any of you have any plans for your Cobras during the off season. I know I'll use the time to get her ready for spring. Here's my list-

1.Suspension-Steeda Wheel Hop Kit, Level 5 Halfs, 15" Welds with MT Streets
2.Performance-Polished C&L pipe, Accufab TB/plenum, Ported SC, AFCO HE, Bassani X W/ cats, Custom dyno tune
3.Touch screen DVD that fits exactly how the Mach unit fits and maybe some better speakers with a sub
4.Looks-Saleen Speedster, Light bar, smoked headlights W/ the silver reflector, and try to find matching smoked fog lights

Don't ask where the $ will come from. I don't even know yet.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:21 PM
ponysnake99
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Something new 2 talk about

well...right now its just to get the cobra back in running condition...

engine:hooker long tubes, custom o/r x-pipe and have the exhaust come through the body below the scoops
Suspension: add a spec roll cage from the main hoop back (help stress the next mod), slotted replacement rotors, ss brake lines
other: cut out the trunk board from the first hump of the rear seats back and weld edges to the frame for stability, replace the giant gap with a sheet of carbon fiber,
Interior: Replace messed up interior pieces from the carolina clay[:@] maybe a carbon fiber dash for the weight savings? (definitally painting over to look stock)
Add an 03 front bumper, PMP roadster rear bumper and trunk insert, 03 side skirts, either fix/replace driver side quarter panel, new headlights

wish me luck...been trying to research it...may keep a post up when i start cuttin out half the pony...any suggestions would help too
Old 11-03-2006, 09:33 PM
mattmoto441
3rd Gear Member

well for me something for wheel hop, maybe the red pill, or someone that makes a kit i dont know yet what or where?? port the eaton, 10.5 rep-cobra rims with 315s, not sure what else?
Old 11-03-2006, 10:09 PM
tenmiledaddy
1st Gear Member

Well, to start with, it doesn't get too cold in Louisiana to park the car. No snow, ice, etc..... But as far as mods, my car has 8000 miles as of now, and is still bone stock. I would like to get a new heat exchanger, some smaller pullies for my eaton, get it dynoed, and a chip burned for it. My son said that should wake the car up......Wish me luck..........
Old 11-03-2006, 10:53 PM
spray175
3rd Gear Member

Im putting a whipple on.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:58 PM
hulian

15" Welds with MT Streets ???

do you have a solid axle. i bought some used 15" draglite wheels, the 99 need a 16" minimum cuase of the IRS.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:06 AM
zincsvtcobra
2nd Gear Member

Steeda makes a wheel hop kit Matt. "No Wheel Hop Kit" for $224. They claim it takes care of 90% of the problem. Rpmoutlet offers a kit too, but their customer service sucks. Plus, I'd rather stick with one brand. Tenmile I live in East Texas and am already freezing my chops off, and it's barely November. Must be because I'm from California. As for the 16" minimum, I've never heard of that, but I'll check into it. I still have the IRS. My paint is getting chipped in the front from rocks and I've already thought about a paint job. Sucks because the car is only 3 years old. If I do, I've thought about going old school and painting it Teal Green from the 93 cobra. Not sure how it will look, but I like the idea.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:03 AM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

that dvd thing would be sick. im sure u will find a way to get the money =P
Old 11-04-2006, 02:13 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

i wanna do some irs stuff my HE my CAI and my pulley then when it gets nice i'll get it dynoed.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:41 PM
mattmoto441
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zincsvtcobra

Steeda makes a wheel hop kit Matt. "No Wheel Hop Kit" for $224. They claim it takes care of 90% of the problem. Rpmoutlet offers a kit too, but their customer service sucks. Plus, I'd rather stick with one brand. Tenmile I live in East Texas and am already freezing my chops off, and it's barely November. Must be because I'm from California. As for the 16" minimum, I've never heard of that, but I'll check into it. I still have the IRS. My paint is getting chipped in the front from rocks and I've already thought about a paint job. Sucks because the car is only 3 years old. If I do, I've thought about going old school and painting it Teal Green from the 93 cobra. Not sure how it will look, but I like the idea.

where did you find the no wheel hop kit, >? i did look around a bit but i found nothing but the stuff from RPMoutlet

Quick Reply: Something new 2 talk about