SVT Forums

Anyone else hate rice rockets?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 03:43 PM
bugpack28
2nd Gear Member

Default Anyone else hate rice rockets?

It seems like when ever i drive anywhere I get revvedon by some stupid japcar. I understand that some few are fast but for the most part the rest of them just annoy the crap out of me. I have gotten to the point where i will roll down my window and either; tell them to stop their racket, or just tell them they are driving honda and ur trying to race a cobra. Well just thought i would just share my driving experience with you guys lol. Take er easy...[/align][/align]
Old 03-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone else hate rice rockets?

i wish theyd do that to me more. i would enjoy destroying them and then laughing at them.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:42 PM
italia18
3rd Gear Member

Depends what kinda rockets your talking about.

The ones with a coffee can and a wing.. yes. I loathe them.

A properly tuned Supra I am scared of..

and a properly tuned VTEC I apreciate.

I saw some video on youtube about some guys who tried to destry a VTEC engine every possible way they cold. They were revving it at 10k and had it running on solid water, no oil.. and the thing went strong for 2 days.

Hell if I revved my engine past 7,500 it would pop. Maybe even 7000.

so yeah, i hate those kids who trash mustangs saying they're an american piece of sh--.
They get smoked and think twice.

Also I ALWAYS enjoy a subaru wrx boxer engine with some good straight pipes. They almost sound like V8's in themselves.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:12 PM
MuscleOwnzRice
4th Gear Member

well said italia, but there are a few here. Usually they dont want to race but just try fly bys with end up with me pulling past them when they are trying. O well, if you wanna drive a slow car like an idiot...its a free country.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:56 PM
apexslider
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MuscleOwnzRice

well said italia, but there are a few here. Usually they dont want to race but just try fly bys with end up with me pulling past them when they are trying. O well, if you wanna drive a slow car like an idiot...its a free country.
I drive an import and they even annoy the hell out of me. Of course, on the freeway my import walks past stock Cobras, but from a stand still I get destroyed. Imports can be fun, they are just very limited on what they can do (which is mainly roll race), and usually the people that own them think they are the fastest thing out there...and their not. But most of all, I think import drivers are just pissed they don't drive a real car, after all, that's why I'm selling mine!
Old 03-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

what are you driving that walks cobras?
Old 03-21-2007, 11:25 PM
bugpack28
2nd Gear Member

Yah really... You must have something crazzzzyyy. Or mabe your not talking about 03-04 but still... Let us know.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:39 AM
apexslider
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bugpack28

Yah really... You must have something crazzzzyyy. Or mabe your not talking about 03-04 but still... Let us know.
I've actually only roll raced 1 04 on the freeway, it was bone stock and I pulled him. I have beat up on plenty of older stock Cobras, but they were all NA. I'm driving a 3 Litre VR6 turbo, VW. The motor; 8.3:1 JE pistons machined specific for my application, Pauter rods, balanced bottom end, 260/264 TT cams, 5 angle grind, dual high rev valve springs with titanium retainers, ARP mains and studs, 3 layer (stock thickness) metal head gasket, Ford Racing 42lb injectors, Walbro 225 secondary fuel pump,4" MAF,and a Turbonetics T4 turbo. Thetranny is stock gearing but I've added a Peloquin LSD and a Spec stage 4 sprung hub clutch. At 11lbs of boost on pump gas I was getting 300hp at the front wheels, so when I throw in some 112 octane and crank the boost to 20lbsI see right around 400hp at the ground. My buddy that's buying the car from me is putting on a 3" exhaust and removing the cat, once he does that I told him I would pay to have it dynoed, so once that's completed I can post some actual dyno sheets. The only dyno sheet I have right now is of 8lbs of boost on pump gas and that made 276whp with 269ft-lbs of torque- and that was also with the stock cat in place.

But don't be to surpised by the fact that a import with TONS of money thrown at it can compete with the big boys, just imagine if I would have spent all the money I did on a Cobra, I'd probably have over 800RWHP!

Lots of people are surprised by my car, they don't expectit to perform like it does. If your ever in Oregon, I'm sure my buddy would take your for a spin.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:26 AM
cencalmatt
1st Gear Member

apexslider you just took the words right out of my mouth. Yes if you spent equal money modding up a snake, you'd end up with a much faster car. I don't know why people cannot see this. I hate imports and they're ****ing up Americas root economy.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:49 AM
apexslider
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cencalmatt

apexslider you just took the words right out of my mouth. Yes if you spent equal money modding up a snake, you'd end up with a much faster car. I don't know why people cannot see this. I hate imports and they're ****ing up Americas root economy.
A little (read *a lot*)off topic, but Americans would "F" up the economy with or without import cars. And being we currently have the strongest economy in the world, I doubt some car from overseasis going to make a huge difference, especially since overseas they love the American Muscle cars. I would however buy that cultural imperialism could "F" up our economy though.

Quick Reply: Anyone else hate rice rockets?