SVT Forums

Anyone else hate rice rockets?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 02:55 PM
bugpack28
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone else hate rice rockets?

Well a VW isn't really a rice rocket. Because there is nothing rice about it. It is a euro car. So your kinda out of the rice rocket circle. And euro cars make a way way different sound than ricers and are faster from the stock. But good thing your getting a cobra soon so now you can dump all your hard earned cash for some hp fun lol...
Old 03-22-2007, 09:09 PM
italia18
3rd Gear Member

especially since overseas they love the American Muscle cars.
hahahaha not really. All the english do is bitch about them to no end. They dont understand that it doesnt have to have cherry wood and mahogany with premium italian leather, to be a great sports car. And they bitch about the IRS and the handling.

Hell they even bitched about the 07 GT500 which is like eveyone on this forum's wet dream. (you can find that on youtube on a 5th gear review and a top gear review)

The only english reviewer I like is Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear, because even though hes biased, on some of our cars you can tell he REALLY likes them (ex. srt-10 viper 07 Z06 LS7) , but just trashes on them because hes british and he has to, which I find funny more than anything.

..and this isnt to just pick on the english, I'm just using them as an example. The french are probably no better, but I can't understand their review videos, so I dont know what they say about us.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:50 AM
BadSnake711
2nd Gear Member

I am ok with them on the most part, it is just when the damn neons pull up and want to get me to waste my 93 gas on them. It burns me up!
Old 03-26-2007, 01:10 AM
apexslider
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: italia10588

especially since overseas they love the American Muscle cars.
hahahaha not really. All the english do is bitch about them to no end. They dont understand that it doesnt have to have cherry wood and mahogany with premium italian leather, to be a great sports car. And they bitch about the IRS and the handling.

Hell they even bitched about the 07 GT500 which is like eveyone on this forum's wet dream. (you can find that on youtube on a 5th gear review and a top gear review)

The only english reviewer I like is Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear, because even though hes biased, on some of our cars you can tell he REALLY likes them (ex. srt-10 viper 07 Z06 LS7) , but just trashes on them because hes british and he has to, which I find funny more than anything.

..and this isnt to just pick on the english, I'm just using them as an example. The french are probably no better, but I can't understand their review videos, so I dont know what they say about us.
that's true, but I think the English hate everything, and the french...well they're just french. Nothing against either group, butout side of a TVR or Pugoet (SP?), niether country is really offering a lot.

I've got some friends from the middle east that LOVE American muscle cars, and I had two guys from Cypress in my classes that were all about them too. Even one of the Japanese guys at my school can relate to the muscle cars, in fact, American muscle cars and Hardley Davidsons' were about the only english topics he knew.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:36 PM
midnightsnake83
2nd Gear Member

I love toying with them because most of the guys where I live either dont know how to drive (street race) or they think because they spend all of daddy's money they get a God machine. I had a high school kid tell me that his honda v-tech had more horsepower and torque thana my cobra did.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:51 PM
klarkent42
1st Gear Member

i had an eclipse pull up on me at a red light the other day. he revved his engine like there was no tomorrow,lol!! anyway, i gave him a head start... just to get his hopes up..........then i broke his heart with a cobra fly by...lolol
Old 03-27-2007, 03:49 PM
bugpack28
2nd Gear Member

I have a pretty funny story on how i made 150 bucks sunday night. All the ricers go to these street races in my area on sunday night to go "set up races", but in all reality everyone knows in so cal all the ricers just go there to see if they can get eachothers v-tec working right and stare at eachother for a few hours and then head home at the but crack of the morn... Me and my buddies roll up looking to actually race because out of the 2000 gay *** cars they might have 3 half way *** car like a turbo civic or something like that. One of my buddies pointed out that there was a large patty of rice owners over yanderso we went to see what was all the ruckas about... We walk up and ask whos v-tec is working and start talking trash on all the ricers (mainly why we show up to the place) and we see this guy has a turbo civic. Then my friend set up a race. The guy with the civic wasn't having it he kept thinking his car was god and all that bs stuff. He swore he had 5 bazillion HP on a stock bottom end ha. So we talked him way way down, we gave him 2 to 1 odds 2 cars lead and then the go... Wow and i still beat him on bald a$$$ tires by 4 or cars with a person with me twice lol... That was a funny kill. Bought us all food gas and some beers!!! Good times
Old 03-27-2007, 07:49 PM
midnightsnake83
2nd Gear Member

That was pretty funny. I started this thing now...If a ricer revs next to me at a stop light, I'll roll my window down (if its not down already) and in the loudest and most annoying voice I can, wine like a stuck pig... then rev my engine. If they still have *****, then we'll race. Ive dont that 3 times and they've all backed down and shut up.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:05 PM
italia18
3rd Gear Member

best way to scare the **** out of a ricer?

Run just headers.

I did for a little bit last summer, and every time I reved back at those little hondas at the stoplights.. I either heard "holy f--- dont f--- with him" or they just drove like a grandma down the road never looking in my direction.

When your car doesnt sounds like a lawnmower.. its very intimidating to most mosquitoes on steriods.

also bug you story was hilarious, especially when you said a "patty of ricers" I literally laughed out loud. i'm going to use that term from now on lol.