SVT Forums

03-04 Cobra reliability/questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 11:07 PM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

Default 03-04 Cobra reliability/questions

Well i have my gt and love it.... but i am now making plenty of money to buy one of the beastly terminators.... but i had a few questions... It being a supercharged car how would they do as a daily driver? Is the supercharger set up to be driven as an every day car? I put less than 5k miles a year on my car so thats about what it would be seeing.

2nd, As everyone knows most bolt ons are worthless on my 2v.... So im wondering just how well a cobra (03-04) responds to mods? Like is a CAI worth it on one of these where on my 2v it would be pointless?

Also i know the 4v is a completely different beast compared to my 2v.... So what exhaust setups seem to sound best on these? Thanks!
Old 03-31-2007, 12:44 AM
ZAXJAX
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 03-04 Cobra reliability/questions

ORIGINAL: Adam03GT

Well i have my gt and love it.... but i am now making plenty of money to buy one of the beastly terminators.... but i had a few questions... It being a supercharged car how would they do as a daily driver? Is the supercharger set up to be driven as an every day car? I put less than 5k miles a year on my car so thats about what it would be seeing.

2nd, As everyone knows most bolt ons are worthless on my 2v.... So im wondering just how well a cobra (03-04) responds to mods? Like is a CAI worth it on one of these where on my 2v it would be pointless?

Also i know the 4v is a completely different beast compared to my 2v.... So what exhaust setups seem to sound best on these? Thanks!
It's fine as a daily driver, you just have to get used to the heavy clutch. The supercharge stock runs 10 psi of boost, it's fine on gas, as long as you stay off it. It responds to mods unlike your GT, for a litlle money you can net big gains. I got Magnaflows on mine, it's not loud but has a nice rumble. Everyone has different opinions on exhaust i.e. Borla, Bassani, SLP, Flowmaster etc. I liked my GT as well but it can't touch the Cobra!
Old 03-31-2007, 01:07 AM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

Most of the inductionupgradeson a supercharged motor will boost your HP a bunch versusNA engines (even a K&N). You'll get big country HP out ofinductionmods.....and come on.....they're beasts to begin with.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:29 AM
JamesTronix
2nd Gear Member

Terminators respond well to most mods, especially intake and exhaust mods. Add a smaller s/c pulley and you have a 450-500rwhp monster on your hands.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:27 AM
MystichromeCobra969
1st Gear Member

Yeah, just to give you an idea of how well these Terminators respond to mods ... The only things I've done to mine is a full Bassani exhaust and the Accufab single-blade throttle body (as opposed to the stock twin-bore throttle body). The Accufab unit is a good looking piece that dramatically improves throttle response, like night and day as compared to stock. I dynoed my car 2x, once before mods and once after mods. With just the exhaust and throttle body, it pulled 397 rwhp and 393 rw torque. The A/F ratio was at ideal, thus it runs perfect, not too lean and not too rich. I'm sure if I did some kind of induction mod, it will easily place it over 400. And then, a smaller pulley and a different tune will only add more. And for ultimate extreme power, a Whipplecharger is the way to go. But if you're gonna go that route of extreme high performance, it would be a good idea to upgrade your brakes, maybe 18" wheels, coilovers, tri-ladder subframe connectors, and maybe switch your IRS rubber bushings to white nylon bushings to completely eliminate the wheel hop.

The Terminators can perform well as a daily driver, but you just have to get used to the heavy clutch, especially in stop and go traffic. After some time, your left leg will be more buff than your right, LOL!

Old 03-31-2007, 02:44 AM
01vertcobra
1st Gear Member

Im also looking for a terminator. I found a 2003 anniversary edition, red drop top with red leather inserts all stock with 90K miles on it for $21,000 but I could probably get it for 16K (Haggeling baby ) Or a 2004 red hard top with 15K miles on it for $25,000. I want the 04 but dont know if I should spend less and get the 03. But with the milage im most likely getting the 04. Oh, and would anyone know the difference in insurance between an 01 drop top to a 04 hard top? Mine is 257 a month right now.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:09 AM
apexslider
1st Gear Member

I use my 03 as a daily, it's only been a week, but I love it. Good gas miliage and super civilized under normal driving, I'm actually impressed considering what these things can do. And to give you an idea of how much I like it I've added almost 800 miles in the last week.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:59 PM
03supercobra
1st Gear Member

If I were you 01vertcobra i wouldny even bother with the 03, its got to many miles and the price isnt great for the mileage it has, just go for the 04
Old 03-31-2007, 05:09 PM
01vertcobra
1st Gear Member

Thats what I was leaning towards. So is 25K a good price for the 04? He has magnapack exaust, steeda short throw, blower pulley, underdrive pullies, CAI, and a dyno tune. I haven't driven it yet so I dont know the condition. Oh, and what is the charger supposed to boost at so I can keep an eye on it when I test it out.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:45 PM
italia18
3rd Gear Member

Heavy clutch is the way to go, best shifiting results.. and real men drive heavy clutches! [8D]

The only thing I've heard about terminators that was negative is their IRS suspension, and how the Eaton overheats easily.

Quick Reply: 03-04 Cobra reliability/questions