SVT Forums

is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 04:59 PM
no1izspeshl

Default is this possible?

is it possible to install the stock terminator supercharger to my 1999 cobra, granted with a few extra parts and mods, but is it possible? I know the hp gain won't be tremendous, the thing is within one year I am looking to buy a terminator anyway. So i can't justify myself in buying a supercharger for several grand if i plan on selling my current snake in less than one year. A friend has found several for less than $400 and was saying i should just install it, andi couldn't find any sites talking about installing the eaton on a non factory s/c cobra
Old 04-25-2007, 07:02 PM
italia18
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: is this possible?

for the money and time invested ino your 99 to put that supercharger on it, if your not going to hold onto i for 1+ years, then its really not worth it.

If your putting it on thinking you can sell her for more, you wont be able to. Every mod you put on the car depreciates it even more.

I believe it is possible, but I'm no expert on eatons or terminators myself.. just wanted to tell you its a waste of time, before you go putting any money into it.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:20 PM
no1izspeshl

Thanks. Yeah i understand the more you mod the car the less it can be worth. My car isn't heavily modified yet and when i bought it, it was bone stock. I was just thinking of adding this for some fun at the track. but if it isn't worth it, then i won't bother, was just looking for some opinions and pointers from other cobra owners.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:13 PM
italia18
3rd Gear Member

Np, yea its not exactly a couple hour project. Its a RIPTA. Might as well just wait til you get a term.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:18 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

You can do it, but understand the short blocks are not the same. More or less, you'd need the entire top have of the 03/04 motor (from the heads up). Also, you'd need all the EGR goodies and other related parts for the blower. For the money and the work, a different power adder would be easier. Unless you think the roots blower is best for your application.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:48 PM
no1izspeshl

So in essence I'd be spending the several K i was looking to avoid? I do appreciate this a lot. I figured there was more to it than just being able to bolt it on and modify it slightly. I may just do a paxton on my car, seeing as the mileage is not that high, but I have had different opinions from different camps on whether or not i should blow my cobra. It has 51700 miles
Old 04-25-2007, 11:39 PM
michael12203
2nd Gear Member

not worth it, internals are not the same wont be able to handle same amounts of power and by the time you get the gear to switch everything around alternator etc... you will have a good start to a procharger or kenne belle just what i heard before but hey what the heck