SVT Forums

Information please?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 01:24 AM
italia18
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Information please?

To get the hood properly painted (stripped, sanded, sweat, primed, painted, cleared) it'll run you anywhere from $500-$800 depending on where you go and who you know.

As far as a bank loan I'dtake out 12-13 cause you gotta remember registering it and paying tax on it.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:49 AM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: italia10588

To get the hood properly painted (stripped, sanded, sweat, primed, painted, cleared) it'll run you anywhere from $500-$800 depending on where you go and who you know.

As far as a bank loan I'dtake out 12-13 cause you gotta remember registering it and paying tax on it.
Gotcha. I suppose I'll take out a $13,000 loan then. Maybe I would be better off just talking him into waiting until my car sells?
Old 06-20-2007, 02:32 PM
italia18
3rd Gear Member

You would be better off selling your car first, THEN looking to buy a cobra.

Dont bother talking him into waiting, cause he wont and hes really not entitled to. If you want to buy the car you should have the money to do so up front, you know what I mean?

Sell your car first. The less money you have to take out from the bank the better. A V6 in the condition yours is in will sell in no time.

I wouldnt sell it to a dealership though, you wont get your moneys worth.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:17 PM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: italia10588

You would be better off selling your car first, THEN looking to buy a cobra.

Dont bother talking him into waiting, cause he wont and hes really not entitled to. If you want to buy the car you should have the money to do so up front, you know what I mean?

Sell your car first. The less money you have to take out from the bank the better. A V6 in the condition yours is in will sell in no time.

I wouldnt sell it to a dealership though, you wont get your moneys worth.
Got it. Got 3 people interested in the car for $8500, whereas the dealership wanted to give me $5000 ... Trust me, I know .

Well, me and him have come to agreement so far on the price of $10000, I suppose I'll call him and ask when he wants to do the deal to see if I have any time to sell the car.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:35 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 02 Stang

ORIGINAL: goldeneagle_10

That sounds like a steal to me... are you actually gonna buy one this time
I'm trying to ... For some reason I suck at the whole online car purchase thing, and have lost out on 3 cars in the past 2 months ... Not planning on letting this one go if I have anything to say about it. I believe I was interested in your 2004 GT a long time ago right? Was it the auto?
Yea, that was me. I was wondering what happened to you the past few months since I hadnt seen you post much. If you can get that cobra, and its in good shape... your getting a steal. Worst case scenario would be to sell your car to a Carmax place, they tend to do you a lilbetter than dealerships. If you can sell it outright to someone, do it soon. You wont find many deals like this one.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:37 AM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 02 Stang

That sounds like a steal to me... are you actually gonna buy one this time
I'm trying to ... For some reason I suck at the whole online car purchase thing, and have lost out on 3 cars in the past 2 months ... Not planning on letting this one go if I have anything to say about it. I believe I was interested in your 2004 GT a long time ago right? Was it the auto?
Yea, that was me. I was wondering what happened to you the past few months since I hadnt seen you post much. If you can get that cobra, and its in good shape... your getting a steal. Worst case scenario would be to sell your car to a Carmax place, they tend to do you a lilbetter than dealerships. If you can sell it outright to someone, do it soon. You wont find many deals like this one.
Yea, sorry I wasn't too interested in getting an auto. Car was gorgeous though. As for Carmax, I don't think I've ever seen one in New Orleans ... I guess I'll look them up, but I absolutely need it to be gone by next Saturday. On next Saturday we are meeting up in Baton Rouge and doing the deal if I get my car to sell since he will be out of town for a week. Hoping to be able to post that I've joined the SVT team on Sunday ...
Old 06-21-2007, 02:59 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Question is, is do you owe anything on your V6?? If not, and you can handle the car payment, dont worry about waiting, use the V6 as a DD until you get it sold and leave it at that...

The milage isn't to bad, but it is high. Just watch it - and dont be niave, just because he says he hasn't raced it and what not, doesn't mean it wasn't built and put back to stock which A LOT of Cobra owners do...
Old 06-21-2007, 03:28 AM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

Question is, is do you owe anything on your V6?? If not, and you can handle the car payment, dont worry about waiting, use the V6 as a DD until you get it sold and leave it at that...

The milage isn't to bad, but it is high. Just watch it - and dont be niave, just because he says he hasn't raced it and what not, doesn't mean it wasn't built and put back to stock which A LOT of Cobra owners do...
No, I bought the V6 cash a few years back. The V6 is paid for. I was actually going to use the V6 as a DD until it sold at first, but I figured it would be best to not go through a bank for this ... If worst comes to worst next week and I have to take out a loan its not like it'll be a huge deal. The car is drawing a lot of interest at $8500, but no one has bit yet. And yes, that is completely correct ... I'm actually worried that there is something he isn't telling me. So far this car seems to be a great buy needed a small bit of TLC (Hood, front leather) ... I don't see anything wrong from the pictures he sent me, would you like me to post them up for the Cobra experts?
Old 06-21-2007, 03:36 AM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

Old 06-21-2007, 03:52 AM
italia18
3rd Gear Member

tan top = ew.

change it to black asap.

Quick Reply: Information please?