SVT Forums

Exhaust, new born svt (updated pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 09:17 PM
HornyHornyHippo
5th Gear Member

Default Exhaust, new born svt (updated pictures)

My dad just bought a 2003 red vert. Its ****ing awesome to drive, and the power is like nothing iv ever driven before... then again im only 17 so ya. But anyway, i convinced him to mod the car, so i choose the mods and he pays for it and installs it. I decided that this thing needs to roar like a mustang should. So whats some good options for headers back exhausts?
Old 07-23-2007, 09:20 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Exhaust, new born svt

if your going to have him mod it - just get a midpipe/catback... and have him get an intake, pulley, tune... it will be very fun to drive :-)... but make sure he puts cooling modifications... and you'll spend the same as you would on headers + install...
Old 07-23-2007, 11:29 PM
spray175
3rd Gear Member

Headers arent worth it on our cars. I made no power with longtubes and they cost alot and are a pain to install. Just get a midpipe and catback leave the stock manifolds on.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:15 AM
HornyHornyHippo
5th Gear Member

Alright thats really good to know. Any suggestions on what sounds good with these beasts?
Old 07-24-2007, 03:05 AM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

Exhaust choice is all personal preference. There's a good sound board over on svtperformance.com where you can hear a lot of set ups he/you may like. There's also a soundboard here that you could also use for reference.

Like said above, a pulley, intake, tune and exhaust will turn that car into one pissed off snake. It'll be hard to stay out of boost after these mods
Old 07-24-2007, 07:34 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

The best sound is a pulley and open intake... the blower whine is amazing!!! My blower whine is so loud that you can still hear it over the loud a** exhaust I have... personally i like the deep flowmaster sound- I have a mac o/r H pipe + flowmaster catback... I love that sound though...
Old 07-24-2007, 11:51 AM
hawwk11
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HornyHornyHippo

My dad just bought a 2003 red vert. Its ****ing awesome to drive, and the power is like nothing iv ever driven before... then again im only 17 so ya. But anyway, i convinced him to mod the car, so i choose the mods and he pays for it and installs it. I decided that this thing needs to roar like a mustang should. So whats some good options for headers back exhausts?
Congrats to you and your dad. I see you are 17 and you are kinda like the modding manager for your dad, which makes me think that you may end up driving the car alot. Just wanted to remind you that the cobra is no joke even in stock form so please be careful when you do drive it. The rear wheels will break loose on ya real quick and get u into lots of trouble real fast, but have fun i just dont wanted to remind you to be safe.

-Herman
Old 07-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

When you say red... do you mean redfire red? or like a laser red? If you have sunfire red (like xxkazp3rxx's car) then you have my dream car... LOL

But when it comes to exhaust... It aint cheap... in that case neither is intake or a tune... Well, I havent heard too many cobra exhausts... I have heard full Mac exhaust and it sound decent... nothing special, but sounds good. If I could do it again I would get a catted X-pipe instead of the catless H-pipe.

When It comes to catback, you can choose from mac, flowmaster, bassani, SLP, Borla... I promise you anything you will get you will fall in love with... no such thing as a bad exhaust note from these 4.6 motors... 2v or 4v.

When it comes to the intake/tune make sure you take it to a shop that knows what there doing... All shops have reputations... just because they sound like they know what they are talking about doesnt mean they do.

Have fun with the Terminator, I know I would.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:07 PM
ZAXJAX
3rd Gear Member

Everyone has given you great advice! Here's mine!

Your 17 and dad is taking care of the care, so both of you read up on reducing or eliminating wheel hop on your IRS! With you new toy and dad's money you can break the IRS real quick and it's not cheap to fix.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:34 PM
HornyHornyHippo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawwk11

ORIGINAL: HornyHornyHippo

Congrats to you and your dad. I see you are 17 and you are kinda like the modding manager for your dad, which makes me think that you may end up driving the car alot. Just wanted to remind you that the cobra is no joke even in stock form so please be careful when you do drive it. The rear wheels will break loose on ya real quick and get u into lots of trouble real fast, but have fun i just dont wanted to remind you to be safe.

-Herman
My car is my life, and driving any car is no joke. Iv driven it a ton before, and i realize the restrictions of the road. I dont **** around with any car, much less a beautifully powered machine.

The cars the darker of the two reds, im not sure if thats redfire (which i would think) or laser red. I was thinking either flowmasters, or borlas. My shop does tons of work for milliondollar show cars, so im gaurenteed good service.

And to be striaght up, i have no clue what and IRS is, so if you could educate me, id be very thankful! Il post some pictures of the car soon.

Quick Reply: Exhaust, new born svt (updated pictures)