SVT Forums

03 Cobra Running Lean ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 08:59 PM
ZO6AINTPOOP
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 03 Cobra Running Lean ??

RWTD did not dyno tune my car it was a mail order tune and both times that I have had my car dynoed it did have a fan in front of the car during the pulls. I have not messed with the MAF since it has been tuned so I dont know whats the problem is?

I see that you have a 04 Cobra with a stiege blower and do you have a lower pulley kit if you do what #2,4,6 and what are your other mods?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:35 AM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

If there was a fan on during both pulls and you haven'tmoved the position of theMAF, then Ihave no idea what could cause your car to go lean like that.

But taking a shot in the dark, the very last thing I could think of is if the temperatures were different during the pulls.For example, 100 degrees during the original pull, then70 degrees during pull that made thea/f ratio go lean. The cooler temps will definitely allow more air to flow into the engine.

But even if it was cooler out, the increased airflow should've been read by your MAF sensor and more fuel should've been added to compensate.But you said your MAF sensor wasn't moved soI can't think of any other explanation that would cause it to go lean, and stay lean. I don't know what else it could be. But it's definitely something you don't want to ignore. Maybe try to get it on a different dyno and get the a/f rato rechecked. I don't know, could've been a bad reading or something.

Also, you maybe even want to consider skipping the mail order tune thing and get yourself a good dyno tune from a reputable tuner in your area. That will help minimize uncertainties and issues like these.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:02 AM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

BTW, about my combo.. Right now my mods are Stage IV port, 2.76 upper, Intake, mid pipe, cat back, and tune. I also have the supporting mods for the port job (SCT 2400 MAF, KB BAP, 60lb. Injectors).

Tomorrow the UPS guy will be dropping off my Centerforce DFX clutch, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, 26 Spline Input Shaft,clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster,long tubes, shorty mid pipe, heat exchanger, intercooler resevoir, LDC cooling mod, and MGW shifter. Clutch went out literally as I got off the dyno from getting the ported blower tuned. So I said **** it and decided to end the summer with a bang. I just hope I wont want a twin screw next year.

But, I also have already ordered the BilletFlow TB/Plenum, so that will be going on wheneverBilletFlow isfinished and ships them out. And I've decided to wait until then to add the lower pulley. I'll be going with the 2lb. lower to compliment my 2.76 upper. I just figured I'd wait to do the lower with the TB/Plenum to try and save myself a tune. When I'm done, I'll be full bolt ons with a ported blower.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but you basically asked me to... Lol. [8D]
Old 08-28-2007, 09:49 AM
ZO6AINTPOOP
1st Gear Member

When I got my car dynoed It made 467rwhp and 504rwtq my mods are 2.81 upper with Idler, stock lower, Jltram air intake, magnaflow catback with a gutted stock h-pipe, I t was tuned by RWTD,and me and my buddy pulled of my eaton and ported it ourselves I dont believe that it help the horsepower but IT did not lose the torqe like a stiege blower does. I am not saying that my port is better but I have heard that alot of people complaining about the torqe loss with the stiege port I guess eveyone has a different opinion!
Old 08-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

once he adds the lower he should see the tq number come back up with the stegie port. for some reason mine didn't but most people do see it get over 500 with a port upper lower combo. I currently runa a stage 3 stegie port with a 2.93 upper and a 4# lower and am sitting at 509 rwhp 480 rwtq. I am going twin screw for sure, and also have a BF TB on order.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:35 AM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

I lost torque with my port. I lost 1ft lb. of torque. [:@] Lol. The torque loss issue on his ports were supposedly resolved with the Stage IV port design. But my numbers show otherwise, as do some others with his port jobs. But the car pulls SOO much harder. And the blower... the scream.. it's just crazy! This thing SCREAMS!

But the torque loss doesn't really matter to me, cuz like Is said, I'll have the lower as soon as BilletFlow is done with their TB's/Plenums.

But honestly I could've easily gained a few ft lbs of torque.There were other heat related issues while I was on the dyno that restrained my numbers a bit. I've been meaning to post up the results and what happened, but I haven't had that much time in front of the computer to do it. I'll post up about it soon. But for now, that's what the car put out, and those are my numbers.

My clutch and headers and all that stuff will be getting install next Friday and tuned that following Monday. So I'll have new numbers after that.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:12 PM
bugpack28
2nd Gear Member

have fun with the lt's they sound great but they really suck to put on but let us know the new numbers man!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:34 PM
ZO6AINTPOOP
1st Gear Member

Good luck on the dyno hope you get better torqe numbers!!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:22 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

Lol. Thanks guys. I'm not doing the install on the long tubes and driveline parts myself, my tuner is. I hear it's not too hard, but don't want to get under there and realize that I can't finish the job or put something in wrong since it would've been my first time.

But I'll definitely post up the results.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

not too hard now thats funny, headers + terminator = no fun

Quick Reply: 03 Cobra Running Lean ??