ZO6AINTPOOP
1st Gear Member

Default KB or Whipple?

Which one is better 2.2L KB or 2.3L Whipple
Old 10-02-2007, 08:03 PM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

Default RE: KB or Whipple?

They're both top of the line! I love the sound of the KB though, that's what I'd go w/...
Old 10-02-2007, 08:12 PM
01snake
5th Gear Member

love the sound of the kb's also

but those 3.4 whipples produce big numbers

have you ever thought about tt'ing?
Old 10-02-2007, 08:45 PM
mfj
Banned

2.3 whipple can put out more boost than a 2.2 kenne bell
Old 10-02-2007, 08:55 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

The 2.2 KB is obsolete, unless you buy it used as KB doesnt make them anymore. If you lookin at KB, go with the 2.6LH. Its more efficient than the 2.2 or 2.4 and there have been fewer problems with them.

The 2.3L Whipple can basically match the 2.6LH and 2.8LH boost level to boost level very well into 17-19#'s. When you get over that, the KB might have a slight edge.

What exactly do you plan on doing with your car? Strip car, autocross-track car or just a daily driver cruising car? Anything over 19#'s and your looking at running either racing fuel or some torco in the tank. What kind of number do you have in mind that you wanna make with your car?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:15 PM
mfj
Banned

but whipple's 3.4L is the ultimate supercharger upgrade! The 3.4 is the terminator of the twin screws!!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:26 PM
cencalmatt
1st Gear Member

Kenne Bells are sick and I've seen some WICKEDkb cobras but I've always been a fan of the Whipple. Personally I think Whipple is the better blower and from what I hear, kb customer service absolutely blows. There's threads on it I've read about and my buddy got screwed by kb his wasn't working properly and they basically told him tough luck. Just throwing that out there in case you get a bunk charger.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:50 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mfj

but whipple's 3.4L is the ultimate supercharger upgrade! The 3.4 is the terminator of the twin screws!!
I honestly would not ever get this unless it was strictly a strip only car. You have to have a different hood or modified hood to make it even fit. Theres some threads about this over on svtp where its not performed as some thought it would. Might wanna read up on it some more before you think its the "terminator of the twin screws." Sometimes, bigger is not always better.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:36 AM
ZO6AINTPOOP
1st Gear Member

Well the guy that is offering to sell it to me said that he would let it go for $2500 and it has 1500 miles on so what do you think buy it our buy a 2.3L whipple new instead?
Old 10-03-2007, 10:14 AM
mfj
Banned

ORIGINAL: goldeneagle_10

ORIGINAL: mfj

I honestly would not ever get this unless it was strictly a strip only car. You have to have a different hood or modified hood to make it even fit. Theres some threads about this over on svtp where its not performed as some thought it would. Might wanna read up on it some more before you think its the "terminator of the twin screws." Sometimes, bigger is not always better.
ummmmm, i have read up on it! duh! lol! you do not need a different hood, just need to notch the stock one, unless ur running a lot of boost, then u dont need to do anything because the pulley will be small enough to clear it. I dont see y u would only get it for the strip. And yes, bigger is better.No replacement for displacement, even with superchargers!! It produces boost, more efficiently than any other twin screw in the cobra aftermarket, with cooler temps, and with equal boost levels, u'll get more hp out of the 3.4L than any kb.

but i really really REALLYhate when ppl come in here telling me to read up before posting!! Especially when i have read up!!!! but thats okay, i'll let that slide.

BTW, MY HOOD NEEDED NO MODIFYING!

Quick Reply: KB or Whipple?