SVT Forums

cobra monthly cost?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 04:44 PM
orions_knight
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: cobra monthly cost?

wow, ive been lokking for one and cant find a coupe for under 26k!! and i keep reading about you guys getting them for 22k - 24k! o well, ill keep looking. lol yeah theres no way im speading it out to 72 onths. i dont want to stay upside down in it that long. clark howard recommends 3yr term or 4 yr at the most.so there it is...thanks folks for the info though.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:55 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: orions_knight

wow, ive been lokking for one and cant find a coupe for under 26k!! and i keep reading about you guys getting them for 22k - 24k! o well, ill keep looking. lol yeah theres no way im speading it out to 72 onths. i dont want to stay upside down in it that long. clark howard recommends 3yr term or 4 yr at the most. so there it is...thanks folks for the info though.
Wow... how big is Clark Howard these days? I went to school with his son. He was an idiot.

Anyway, be patient. I was annoyed at first because we had one on the market here for $21k with some basic stuff done to it, then I found mine for $22k. I'm actually still working out all the details so I don't quite have it yet. The guy I'm buying it from is actually losing money on it. I'm buying it for $22k and he still has like $24k on it, so I have to wait for him to pay that (tomorrow hopefully) before my bank will send my money and his bank will send mine the title. Just understand this. What you are buying is a big investment, and Terminators are somewhat rare being only made for 2 years and are basically the holy grail of their generation. Take your time and make sure that you find exactly the car you want, and spend a little more for it if you have to. The last thing you want to do is get impatient and buy the first one you see and regret it later. You'll find one, just take your time.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:02 PM
01snake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bigmoose15

i would go with the longest term loan you can (72 months). your payments will be lower, but if you have the money you can pay more, and save you self some interest.
for my car i could only get like 3 years[:@]
Old 10-10-2007, 07:36 PM
orions_knight
2nd Gear Member

Wow... how big is Clark Howard these days? I went to school with his son. He was an idiot

Come on man...around atlanta here hes the biggest consumer advocate in the city........the man is a genius. but thats not what this post is about[X(]
Old 10-10-2007, 11:46 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: orions_knight

Wow... how big is Clark Howard these days? I went to school with his son. He was an idiot

Come on man...around atlanta here hes the biggest consumer advocate in the city........the man is a genius. but thats not what this post is about[X(]
Haha, yeah, I guess he's based around there. Don't know him and have never listened to him, all I know is his son. Either way, maybe it's a little off topic, but I think this topic has been answered as best as possible already.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:14 PM
orions_knight
2nd Gear Member

couldnt agree more ....OP-OUT!
Old 10-12-2007, 06:50 AM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Oh, I just got my insurance added for the Cobra. I'm pretty pleased. About $135 for a 97 GT and 03 Cobra at 22. I have a great insurance guy. Parents were with him for years so he hooked me up with all kinds of discounts.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:07 PM
97targa
5th Gear Member

With descent credit above 650, you'll get a descent rate. That will get you roughly $20 a month per every $1,000 the car costs. A $20k car costs $400/mo. with good credit. Add roughly $30-50 for poor credit. So for every $1k you put down....It will lower your payment $20/month that's it. I was in car finance for a few years. PM me if you need some help understanding the numbers they give you. Dealers like to confuse you...Add money here and take it from there to confuse you and fool the bank at the same time!
Old 10-12-2007, 08:13 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97targa

With descent credit above 650, you'll get a descent rate. That will get you roughly $20 a month per every $1,000 the car costs. A $20k car costs $400/mo. with good credit. Add roughly $30-50 for poor credit. So for every $1k you put down....It will lower your payment $20/month that's it. I was in car finance for a few years. PM me if you need some help understanding the numbers they give you. Dealers like to confuse you...Add money here and take it from there to confuse you and fool the bank at the same time!
Wouldn't it be easier to just compare an interest rate to credit?
Old 10-12-2007, 09:26 PM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AJ03SVT

Wouldn't it be easier to just compare an interest rate to credit?
No, not really. It all depends if a Manufacturer is offering a special interest rate on Used Certified cars, compared to the standard banking. Interest rates are a joke these days!!! Manufacturers raise the car prices and drop the interest rates, or raise the car prices and give enormous rebates to think your getting a deal, when in fact your not. It's just sad hat the bad credit guys get trampled on!!! Well, if your getting ANYTHING over 8% your credit is shaky. Anything over 12%, you'd better start pating your bills on time and no more repos. Anything over 20% is just ridiculous and you don't deserve any kind of loan and the bank is using this against you and it should be illegal!...lol

Quick Reply: cobra monthly cost?