SVT Forums

cobra monthly cost?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 06:00 PM
orions_knight
2nd Gear Member

Default cobra monthly cost?

so what are yout ermie owners financing for? what did you put down? not to get to personal adn stuff but im j/w. cobra has recently bit me....more specifically, the terminator. i know the insurance is a potential b*tch, but i just want to knowthe going rate. (also, i know the fair market value so need to direct me to kbb or anything)
im a truck driver too, any termie driving truckers out there????
Old 10-09-2007, 06:23 PM
mfj
Banned

Default RE: cobra monthly cost?

how old are u, any tickets or dui's???
Old 10-09-2007, 06:32 PM
orions_knight
2nd Gear Member

haha--DUI? HELL NO! some tickets like everyone else, but only like 2 following too close and 60 in a 45. i know i know about the insurance. ive read it all over these forums. i was just wondering about monthly. im going to get one for my birthdaynext year in april. ill start looking then atleast. should be a good BDAY PRESENT!! im gonna tie a bow around it, and then walk out and act all suprised, and im gonna shake my friends hands and walk out to the tune of "sweet emotion" hell yeah........**shakes head** o, uh, sry...got lost in the moment
Old 10-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

just to give you an idea, i bought my cobra at a dealer for 25 then with all the extra bs it was 26,803 i think. I put down 5k and my monthly payment is 455 per month. Insurance is running me close to 200 a month on top of that. so just to own it about 650 a month plus all the gas and operating cost.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Everybody pays a different amount. Payments are based on intrest rates, amount financed, and lenght of time financed. If you want an accurate payment, google "loan payment calculator". A million calculators will pop up, then just enter the amount you would pay, intrest rate, etc.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:53 PM
orions_knight
2nd Gear Member

yeah ive used them. thanks tho guys/gals.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:39 AM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Just depends on how long your term is. Interest rate really won't change it a whole lot. Sure, it sucks to pay more in the end, but it's going to change your monthly bill maybe $20 at most. So you can get a pretty general idea what it's gonna cost you if you figure a price and how long your loan is going to be for. I'm in the process of buying my Terminator, and since I have a credit union, they work better with you. They would allow me to go all the way to 72 months on the car. However, my regular bank that I talked to to compare would only give 48 (and a much worst interest rate haha, 8%, ouch!).

My car is costing $22,000, so to use that as an example, give or take a little for your interest rate and not including down payment, 72 months is around $375, 60 months is around $435, and 48 months is around $525. Just remember, the longer you make the loan, the more you waste on it. Insurance is the real pain in the ***. I don't even want to know how much it's going to be for me. It shouldn't be bad though, my GT is only $70 a month. Guess we'll find out soon!
Old 10-10-2007, 07:40 AM
burn64
2nd Gear Member

No payments! Paid Cash!

I pay $1450 every 6 monthsfor full coverageon the Cobra and GT with a couple minor tickets on my record.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:59 AM
bigmoose15
2nd Gear Member

i would go with the longest term loan you can (72 months). your payments will be lower, but if you have the money you can pay more, and save you self some interest.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: bigmoose15

i would go with the longest term loan you can (72 months). your payments will be lower, but if you have the money you can pay more, and save you self some interest.
Typically when you get around 60-72 month term your interest rates are higher by atleast 1.5%. Initially I was going to stretch my loan out for as long as I possibly could, but with my % for a 5 year loan + my DP...I would have been a moron to stretch it for 60-72 months.

Your insurance rates depend on the area you live in & your driving record. It's absolutely useless to try getting a grasp on potential insurance costs. You could range anywhere from $120 a month to $400+ a month for insurance.

Mine was $380 a month for a year before all my points dropped & I got experience credits, I'm down to $120 a month in just a 12 month period with more discounts on their way.

Quick Reply: cobra monthly cost?