even if it was stage 3

3v...<4v

rousch are just like saleens, you pay for the name and the body kit
Old 11-21-2007, 08:34 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: termi vs roush???

u kno my moms bf has a 440A Roush... the interior is the cobra seats, lol

n i hope you didnt overpay for just the bodykit n side exhaust....

ORIGINAL: iraziel

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

That's not true either. The terminators corner better then the Shelby's and while the Stage 3 S197 out cornered it (handeling wise), the Shelby still had a better time... and it wasn't as close as the Shelby vs Terminator....

The Roush Mustang, is more for people that want the name, and/or think it's going to be a collectible.

ORIGINAL: LilRoush

Depends on stage of the Roush and the type of "run" you do. Assuming it's at least a Stage 2, it will out corner and out stop you. You'll kill it in the standing 1/4 (Well, standing anything for that matter) and in cost to buy.

Thats not the reason i bought mine for, i prefer the styling of a Roush over jus about anything out there.

Just to name a few: IMO
Stage 3 bumper, more aggressive than the Termi's
Side skirts, give it a lowered "look"
Side exhaust vice rear; uniqueness
NTM the Roush interior, feels good
Old 11-22-2007, 08:50 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Couple of wrong bits of info.

The SN95 Roush Stage 2out handled the 03/04 Cobras hands down in any test done when comparing platform to platform. (I didn't see it was a newer car, though, in the original post)
The S197 Stage 3and the Track Pakdo as well. Remember, not all Roush's came with the upgrades...it depends on the Stage of the car. Sounds like the one in question was a Sport.... which is a stock GT with looks. Not an example of Roush performance at all.

The 440A ONLY came with the 440A seats - not Cobra seats by anymeans. Learn what you are talking about prior to speaking so solidly on the topic. Calling a Roush Musstang an over pricedbody kit and side exhaust is like saying SVT cars are IRS and brake upgraded GTs.

AND FOR GODS SAKE THERE IS NO C IN THE WORD ROUSH.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:30 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

lol first off no...

Any type of Cobra made after 1996 isn't like a GT with IRS and brake upgrades, it's a COMPLETLY DIFFERENT MOTOR!!! And with the Terminators, it's completly different transmission also... so no. All a Roush Stage 3 is, is suspension, brakes, wheels, kit and a blower. There are NO changes to the interior of the motor, nor transmission. You are in essence buying a blown GT with a body kit.

Uhm homie, have you ever even seen or touched a 440A? Well, I have actuallydriven a 440A. My mom's live in boyfriend owns one. The seats are EXACTLY the same as mine. Only different is mine has a Cobra, and his says 440A... They are the same suede leather...

--And in the twisties while the Roush takes them better, the times were not better then either the Shelby, or Terminator. It handles better, yes. However, the times aren't better; due to the power differences... It was on that stupid show that English guy does that can effen drive the hell out of the cars.. Basically what was happening is the Roush would take them a bit better with more control, but the other cars stayed close enough to pass them up in the straight aways...

--Funny thing is, is that Roush has these amped up numbers like the 440A... (400bhp, and 40 were made which is where they get the number 440). I have been told by other 440A owners these cars dyno'ed at 330rwhp. Great numbers!!!!! And the S197 Stage 3 with an advertised 430bhp, I saw were dyno'ing around 350rwhp... Also again great numbers! Then again, I saw 2 and it was in the summer... but that's what I saw wiht my own eyes, and/or the words from the owners themselves. Not including (before the port), me roasting a new Stage 3, which the owner admittingly was stock, but dyno'ed at 360 some odd rwhp. So, before you go criticizing me in your V6 Roush, please ask some questions, I actually might know what im talking about. Thank you and have a nice day.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:44 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

n one more thing.. I was talking about in stage 3 models only. Those are the only models worth a damn.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:47 AM
klarkent42
1st Gear Member

n one more thing.. I was talking about in stage 3 models only. Those are the only models worth a damn.
/thread....... LOLOL
Old 11-23-2007, 01:15 AM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Well i managed to beat an 04 Roush stage 3 (stock) so im sure a termi would be no competition for any roush. But a stock cobra against a stock stage 3 roush on a road coarse. Now thats a different story
Old 11-23-2007, 07:18 AM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

u kno my moms bf has a 440A Roush... the interior is the cobra seats, lol

n i hope you didnt overpay for just the bodykit n side exhaust....

ORIGINAL: iraziel

Thats not the reason i bought mine for, i prefer the styling of a Roush over jus about anything out there.

Just to name a few: IMO
Stage 3 bumper, more aggressive than the Termi's
Side skirts, give it a lowered "look"
Side exhaust vice rear; uniqueness
NTM the Roush interior, feels good
Nope.... + the procharger that it came with.
Deal was great, pretty much got a car with a free procharger. Traded in my 07 focus for 12K owed 14...so i have 2 cars off my checklist Mustang -romp stomppercar andTowncar - luxury cruiser
Old 11-23-2007, 02:09 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

lol first off no...

Any type of Cobra made after 1996 isn't like a GT with IRS and brake upgrades, it's a COMPLETLY DIFFERENT MOTOR!!! And with the Terminators, it's completly different transmission also... so no. All a Roush Stage 3 is, is suspension, brakes, wheels, kit and a blower. There are NO changes to the interior of the motor, nor transmission. You are in essence buying a blown GT with a body kit.

Uhm homie, have you ever even seen or touched a 440A? Well, I have actuallydriven a 440A. My mom's live in boyfriend owns one. The seats are EXACTLY the same as mine. Only different is mine has a Cobra, and his says 440A... They are the same suede leather...

--And in the twisties while the Roush takes them better, the times were not better then either the Shelby, or Terminator. It handles better, yes. However, the times aren't better; due to the power differences... It was on that stupid show that English guy does that can effen drive the hell out of the cars.. Basically what was happening is the Roush would take them a bit better with more control, but the other cars stayed close enough to pass them up in the straight aways...

--Funny thing is, is that Roush has these amped up numbers like the 440A... (400bhp, and 40 were made which is where they get the number 440). I have been told by other 440A owners these cars dyno'ed at 330rwhp. Great numbers!!!!! And the S197 Stage 3 with an advertised 430bhp, I saw were dyno'ing around 350rwhp... Also again great numbers! Then again, I saw 2 and it was in the summer... but that's what I saw wiht my own eyes, and/or the words from the owners themselves. Not including (before the port), me roasting a new Stage 3, which the owner admittingly was stock, but dyno'ed at 360 some odd rwhp. So, before you go criticizing me in your V6 Roush, please ask some questions, I actually might know what im talking about. Thank you and have a nice day.
Haha, sorry I'm not stroking your ego at all. I've probably been in and out of more top end stangs than you, so don't try and play that car. The 440A's I've seen dyno'd in person all put down the claimed 400 hp. Again, go open your eyes when you see the seats. Sure, they arecoloredin the middle, but not all were seude. The 440A offer MUCH more bolstering than the SVT variation. (I had the 03 SVT seats in my car, so yes, I'm familiar with them.)
To make sure, here's a pic to prove my point:
http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...4/CO440A-1.jpg

And I'm sorry if my little V6 upset you. I always feel bad when someone goes toughting off about how his big bad SC'd 4 cam makes so much power, then gets owned when they find out my power levels. But if we start to play that "who is cooler on the interweb" I might toss out my '70 Mach 1 or my '90 drag car....or bring up my other 9 performance mustangs I've owned. But we won't be that childish.....

I'm also glad you got the point about the Cobra's not being a GT upgrade. Too bad you lack the ability to translate it into the full idea.

Stick to the FACTS like I did in myfirst reply here. In a corner, the Roush will outhandle the Cobra. Brakes, yep Roush wins again. Standing quarter, the SVT will pull away every time. Maybe you'll see somebody with a V6 might know what he's talking about as well.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:17 PM
01snake
5th Gear Member

does anyone care about how they handle?

cobras pretty damn good, so what if that roush handles that tinny bit more. who cars............

thing is the cobra has all that power to back it up, so even if you turn 1 foot shorter it will still pass you

and most people dont go about there daily lives in the turn arounds on the street

Quick Reply: termi vs roush???