SVT Forums

termi vs roush???

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 04:19 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: termi vs roush???

Im sorry i thought this was an SVT fourm, am i in the wrong place?
Old 11-23-2007, 05:19 PM
evil monkey
1st Gear Member

hey guys you gotta stop being so retarded. Who cares about roush Vs Terminator, The point is they are both Mustangs, designed differently but Stangs none the less. We are Car guys right? ...right.
Now go smoke those tires and get over it..................You big babies LoL
Old 11-23-2007, 05:38 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

lol first off no...

Any type of Cobra made after 1996 isn't like a GT with IRS and brake upgrades, it's a COMPLETLY DIFFERENT MOTOR!!! And with the Terminators, it's completly different transmission also... so no. All a Roush Stage 3 is, is suspension, brakes, wheels, kit and a blower. There are NO changes to the interior of the motor, nor transmission. You are in essence buying a blown GT with a body kit.

Uhm homie, have you ever even seen or touched a 440A? Well, I have actuallydriven a 440A. My mom's live in boyfriend owns one. The seats are EXACTLY the same as mine. Only different is mine has a Cobra, and his says 440A... They are the same suede leather...

--And in the twisties while the Roush takes them better, the times were not better then either the Shelby, or Terminator. It handles better, yes. However, the times aren't better; due to the power differences... It was on that stupid show that English guy does that can effen drive the hell out of the cars.. Basically what was happening is the Roush would take them a bit better with more control, but the other cars stayed close enough to pass them up in the straight aways...

--Funny thing is, is that Roush has these amped up numbers like the 440A... (400bhp, and 40 were made which is where they get the number 440). I have been told by other 440A owners these cars dyno'ed at 330rwhp. Great numbers!!!!! And the S197 Stage 3 with an advertised 430bhp, I saw were dyno'ing around 350rwhp... Also again great numbers! Then again, I saw 2 and it was in the summer... but that's what I saw wiht my own eyes, and/or the words from the owners themselves. Not including (before the port), me roasting a new Stage 3, which the owner admittingly was stock, but dyno'ed at 360 some odd rwhp. So, before you go criticizing me in your V6 Roush, please ask some questions, I actually might know what im talking about. Thank you and have a nice day.
Do your research man before you go off like that. The Roush rapped the GT500 in the road coarse. and heres the proof. (I hate it when ppl go off stating random facts that they cant back up [:@])

Click here for pwnage
Old 11-23-2007, 07:51 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

not from the vids I have seen... in the corners the Roush did outperform both Cobras.. but in the total track time it didn't... Again that's what I saw... and i watched that same thing... like i said it outhandles the cars, but the TIMES AROUND THE TRACK aren't as good... I never said either car handeled cornering better then the Roush. But they stay close enough behind to get them in time...

--IAll 440's came exactly the same. They are Suede leather seats Just a different color- no difference in material. I see one every weekend...

--I don't care how many performance mustangs you've owned. That's great for you! All I know, is that im tires and a quadrant from a 10 second/low 11 second street car... with a 440A Roush at my disposal... and a 1970 Mach at my disposal... both cars aren't mine - but might as well be. But I agree, we're not going to play "who has the cooler cars".. lol

Oh btw... you want some info.. here..

http://www.fnsweet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30517

From a Roush website.

--Also to who yelled about the procharger... YOU bought one with a procharger... lol... they don't come like that if you didn't know. If you did, then ok....
Old 11-23-2007, 08:44 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Thanks for the link to FNS. The 440A was the 380R motor package with induction, pulley swap and fresh tune to support it. The ones I've seen all dyno'd higher.

As for the GT500 videos that float around - those aren't a good comarison. The car that Top Gear (the British show) for their GT500 wasn't a production model. It was using the Terminator motor with stock suspension and brakes. Of course, they can't ever get anything right on that show. There have been several comparisons with the real deal, those are the best ones to use.

Congrats on an 11/10 second SC'd V8. Welcome to the club (not that I'm in the SC'd V8 club).
Old 11-23-2007, 09:17 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Ok lilroush... and your welcome.

The car is a nice car (the 440A), but I just wish that Roush replaced or modified some of the interior motor components/transmission for the 55k they sticker cars at. Same thing with Saleen, even though Saleen does, they just charge you 70k for it, lol.....
Old 11-24-2007, 02:29 AM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

--Also to who yelled about the procharger... YOU bought one with a procharger... lol... they don't come like that if you didn't know. If you did, then ok....
ummm...yea i knew, thats why i said it was a good deal an i got a procharger for free. with it im able to run w/ termi's an beat some autos
Old 11-24-2007, 07:39 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

ok.. just checkin man.. lol... you never know with some people - especially on the net... I actually am a big fan of prochargers......
Old 11-24-2007, 03:27 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

....but I just wish that Roush replaced or modified some of the interior motor components/transmission for the 55k they sticker cars at....
A lot of people feel that way. They finally did this year to keep up with the Shelby. But not worth the price to me. Made the same power for 1/4 the cost. The only down side is the flak from being 2 cylinders short of a "real" Mustang.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:02 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

I don't discount the V6 Mustangs... I have seen some that run like son of a guns... The one reason I couldn't modify the V6 I had... was because of the sound - it just doesn't have that sound... but I never discount v6 mustangs...

Quick Reply: termi vs roush???