SVT Forums

Whats it take to get a Terminator into the 10's

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Whats it take to get a Terminator into the 10's

can be done on drag radials and an irs, just takes some power to do it. there are whipple/KB cars in the 10/s on DR tires and IRS.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:05 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

The Easiest way to get into the 10s is to add V-Tec, simple.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:45 PM
evil monkey
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SVTeeshirt

The Easiest way to get into the 10s is to add V-Tec, simple.
I heard if you take your trunk lid off and turn the stereo up the subs can add like 125 Hp and a couple fart cans under the rear bumper, LoL

on a serious note say a person wanted to swap out the eaton for a whipple or a KB what are the supporting mod's, just so he has a more detailed list for the project
Old 12-01-2007, 12:03 AM
XPBaller
4th Gear Member

Well, If i had a cobra i would get the new 3.4l (i think thats how big it is?....)whipple with all the supporting fuel system mods (big *** injectors, nice inline pump)andSLP loudmouths complimentedwith somelongtube headers to breathe out what the bigger throttle body breathed in. Perhaps some really nicecustom cams to compliment thewhipple's high boost if you really wanted to go over-the-top.and just upgrade the IRS with some good DR's and have a street monster. depending on your boost and tune, 10s all day, AND it would handle good.

haha, you said you wanted depth for the project, so i tried. I'm a 5.0 man so i dont know everything about 4.6sbut i can dream aboutowning a termie
Old 12-01-2007, 12:10 PM
red96gtconvtbl
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: XPBaller

Well, If i had a cobra i would get the new 3.4l (i think thats how big it is?....)whipple with all the supporting fuel system mods (big *** injectors, nice inline pump)andSLP loudmouths complimentedwith somelongtube headers to breathe out what the bigger throttle body breathed in. Perhaps some really nicecustom cams to compliment thewhipple's high boost if you really wanted to go over-the-top.and just upgrade the IRS with some good DR's and have a street monster. depending on your boost and tune, 10s all day, AND it would handle good.

haha, you said you wanted depth for the project, so i tried. I'm a 5.0 man so i dont know everything about 4.6sbut i can dream aboutowning a termie
That'll work, I think I've got enough to handle the project. If anyone has any better suggestions feel free to chime in, especially if you have a 10 second cobra.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:14 PM
mfj
Banned

with the 3.4L whipple, all u need is slicks to run 9's. the lethal performance car, is 100% stock, with the exception of a solid rear, 3.4L whipple, intake, and supporting mods, and has gone 9.7's.... no cams, no headers, even stock tranny
Old 12-01-2007, 02:30 PM
red96gtconvtbl
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mfj

with the 3.4L whipple, all u need is slicks to run 9's. the lethal performance car, is 100% stock, with the exception of a solid rear, 3.4L whipple, intake, and supporting mods, and has gone 9.7's.... no cams, no headers, even stock tranny
Wow.. thats all I can say. Well thanks for the help guys, and hopefully this school project will become a reality in a couple years.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:59 PM
AZ SNAKE
2nd Gear Member

Whipple and supporting mods. Add some spray too and its very easy. I would say learn to drive it first, unless you can already.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:01 PM
EaZy DuZ iT
4th Gear Member

termies r sick
Old 12-03-2007, 09:19 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

[X(]
ORIGINAL: red96gtconvtbl

ORIGINAL: mfj

Wow.. thats all I can say. Well thanks for the help guys, and hopefully this school project will become a reality in a couple years.
I hope you got some rich parents haha, cars arent cheap

Quick Reply: Whats it take to get a Terminator into the 10's