SVT Forums

Just installed my JLT RAI

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 05:45 PM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Just installed my JLT RAI

That's good that someone w/ a JLT felt a difference. I didn't notice really anything w/ mine. The throttle may have been a little more touchier, but no power gains. It was a pain to install too.

But 97snakebite, if you think the JLT helped out a lot, just wait for the 4:10's. I LOVE mine! A lot of guys say 4:30's but for me IDK if I could've went any steeper. HIGHLY RECOMMEND GEARS NEXT for you... It was a whole new car afterward...
Old 12-28-2007, 01:07 AM
darcnytemare
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blownsvt

that not the kind he has.s filter is still in theengine bay with the ram air style
no i know...i was just saying that the CAI JLT makes are a little more difficult to install. i just quoted the last part of what cobra bob said.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:53 AM
97snakebite
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CWP1979

Did you notice any sound difference after installing the RAI?
[/align][/align]It does seem a little bit louder, most noticably when you first crank the car on a cold start and itjumps up to about 2 grand real quick .. sounds much more throaty. If you put your ear close to the intake you can hear it sucking in the air really good when you rev it. It's a definite improvement. I'd say it FEELS like maybe 10 or possibly more rwhp. [/align]
Old 12-29-2007, 12:56 AM
97snakebite
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xx9gt6xx

That's good that someone w/ a JLT felt a difference. I didn't notice really anything w/ mine. The throttle may have been a little more touchier, but no power gains. It was a pain to install too.

But 97snakebite, if you think the JLT helped out a lot, just wait for the 4:10's. I LOVE mine! A lot of guys say 4:30's but for me IDK if I could've went any steeper. HIGHLY RECOMMEND GEARS NEXT for you... It was a whole new car afterward...
[/align][/align]Haha well that's good to hear man cause I planned on getting those within the next 3 weeks. That was definitely what I had in mind after the intake. Tell me, what do you top out at with the 4.10s in your car and how're your RPMs doing like a steady 70 mph?[/align]
Old 12-29-2007, 12:56 PM
paulstang
3rd Gear Member

i dont know about top speed but at about 75 im at 3k. do you plan on a supercharger in the future. If so go 3.73. 4 10s are a bit much with a blower
Old 12-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Noveds

I'm not certain about numbers, but my JLT CAI made a huge difference in whine. Looks badass too.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:36 AM
97snakebite
1st Gear Member

I'm tossinga supercharger around in my mind. It'd be lovely to afford one, but that's a huge task in itself. [/align][/align]How's the gas mileage treatin ya?[/align]
Old 12-30-2007, 02:31 PM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97snakebite

ORIGINAL: xx9gt6xx

[/align][/align]Haha well that's good to hear man cause I planned on getting those within the next 3 weeks. That was definitely what I had in mind after the intake. Tell me, what do you top out at with the 4.10s in your car and how're your RPMs doing like a steady 70 mph?[/align]
Well as for top speed, I haven't topped it out yet but I have a buddy w/ a Mach that claims he hit 150 w/ his 4:10's so top speed is surley not sacrificed. And at about 70 I'm turning like 2,600-2,750 RPM's, IDK an exact # because I'm not behind the wheel right now but on the freeway they're totally tolerable. Anything steeper than a 4:10 would be pushing it on the freeway. Good luck w/ the gears and let me know how they are when your done! I know you'll love them...
Old 12-30-2007, 03:57 PM
JayDs Ibanez
3rd Gear Member

nice, how much better is jlt over k&n?
Old 01-03-2008, 05:17 PM
97snakebite
1st Gear Member

I'd say a good bit. I'd go with JLT for sure.

Quick Reply: Just installed my JLT RAI