SVT Forums

New here

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 02:31 AM
pepesucio

Default New here

whats up everyone, new here, just bought a 2001 cobra vert and had a few questions, im not new to the muscle car scene, i had a 99 trans am that was heavily modded and still have a 2003 harley truck, but i am new to the mustang world so bare with me.

1st Is their a reason that my engine fan is always on? (even when the car is cold)

2nd I already have an x-pipe on the car but want a louder and deeper sound, i have a set of glass packs that were on the harley truck and wanted to know if i put them on the cobra if it will still pass emissions, and how loud will it be?

3rd my convertible top has about a 8inch slash right above the drivers seat and the dealer is having it fixed on wednesday, how much is it for a new top, not anything else just the part thats on the outside of the car. The dealer said that it's gonna cost them about $120 to fix it

4th on my T/A i bought a shorter shifter, not a short throw, just the stick itself for about $20, all it did was make the shifter shorter, does anyone make these for mustangs, and where can can i get one?
Old 03-04-2008, 02:35 AM
Martel
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New here

[sm=welcomesign.gif]to the forums. I'll leave your questions to the more experienced members. Post some pics of your car!
Old 03-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

welcome man...i wouldnt put the glass packs on and they wont pass emisions the glass packs givea higher sound and the cobra already has a higher sound, for a lower sound i would prolly say flowmaster or lm 2's it also depends if ur x pipe is catted...i kno that u can get a smaller *** of course but i havent seen anythine bout just the handle...and i kno that the tops are expensive a buddy of mine got his replaced for 300 for hail damage insurance covered it of course so im not to sure bout that price....is ur fan constantly running at a high speed?....
Old 03-04-2008, 08:29 PM
rawcobra
1st Gear Member

wut up peps! welcome dude! as for sounds, it's really your preference dude! but i didn't know that glasspacks don't pass emissions! I guess i wouldn't put them on! I would recommend in my opinion Bassani exhaust! Like i said, it's your preference! I used to have a 97 cobra convertible and I had Borla exhaust with a BBK X-pipe! sounded sweet! I replaced my whole top for about $450 installed! I'm not sure how your gash would look after getting it fixed! is the dealer just going to fix the slash part? cause I know if they are, the part that's gonna be fixed, the color is going to be brighter than the original top you have on it now! So I really recommend to replace the whole top! that would just be the tarp. Depends if you have the funds to do it! See I bought the tarp at California Mustang and I took it to an upholestry shop that replaces convertible tops! depending on where you go they will probably charge you in between $150-$200 bucks! but more than $200 bucks is too expensive! that's my suggestion! now as for short shifters on stangs Steeda short throw tri-ax works very well! just go on the website and check it out!
Old 03-06-2008, 03:18 PM
pepesucio

ya the fan is constantly on at kind of a high speed WTF?
Old 03-11-2008, 04:23 AM
Leos06gtLL
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pepesucio

ya the fan is constantly on at kind of a high speed WTF?
maybe it is wired directly or your car has a tune you dont know about that turns your low temp fan at a real low temp correct me if i am wrong just my two cents. please stay away from glass packs there not made for modular motors. here is some exhaust sounds http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...p;search_type=
ps Rawcobra's car sounded really good with a his off road X and borla exhaust I drove it plenty times
Old 03-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Dilireus
2nd Gear Member

The radiator fan is automatically turned on if your A/C (or defrost) is turned on, regardless of engine temperature.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:05 PM
pepesucio

so would straight exhaust be better?
Old 03-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

better in wut ways
Old 03-12-2008, 12:49 PM
lexy
3rd Gear Member

any exhaust will pass. Both of my cars pass emmissions both have off road H-pipes. the obd 2 computers are awesome. as long as your check engine light isn't on then youll pass emmissions.