SVT Forums

New here

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 12:51 PM
lexy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New here

only mess with steeda triax or pro5.0 shifters. spend your money and you won't overthrow your shifts(wont destroy your tranny.) to replace the top I was quoted 1500 once so I don't know. You can buy the top cheap but labor kills you.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:24 PM
pepesucio

ORIGINAL: Blackvenom01

better in wut ways
as i compared to the glass packs, better sound and better for the car???
Old 03-12-2008, 04:39 PM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

What brand are your glasspacks?

If you want a resonator-style setup that's loud and deep, you can't go wrong w/ the SLP's w/ an off-road pipe. I hear the LM2's are a lot deeper than the LM1's but I've got a catted X w/ LM1's and they're pretty deep themselves.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:35 PM
pepesucio

ORIGINAL: xx9gt6xx

What brand are your glasspacks?

If you want a resonator-style setup that's loud and deep, you can't go wrong w/ the SLP's w/ an off-road pipe. I hear the LM2's are a lot deeper than the LM1's but I've got a catted X w/ LM1's and they're pretty deep themselves.
they are a resonator style, not sure what brand butlike i said i had them on the harley truck and it sounded really deep, i liked it alot
Old 03-13-2008, 07:36 AM
CobraBob
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the forum! And congratulations on buying your 2001 Cobra.

I used a Tri-Ax with with '03 Cobra and liked it a lot. Many swear by the MGW or Pro 5.0. IMO it is more a personal preference which one you choose.

As far as your continously running fan, you just bought this car so it is possible the previous owner wired the fan (likely with a switch if it was done) to run continuously. The switch would normally be installed in the cabin. You might want to check with the previous owner (if you know who it is) and ask.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:56 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Like CobraBob said, a lot of people use either the 5.0, mgw or tri ax.. I have used the tri ax and mgw, and I swear by the MGW... I think it's the better one out there...

If you want a deeper sounding exhaust, I would recommend an o/r hpipe.. I had Flowmaster catback w/Mac H and it sounded nice.. and a buddy of mine has mac catback with their o/r h and it sounds really nice... deep and rumblin...
Old 03-17-2008, 11:57 PM
pepesucio

thanks for your responses guys... The dealer paid an apholstery shot to fix the slash by sewing itback together and then sealing it, looks good and doesnt leak. Also foundout that the car is tuned and thats why the fan is always running, Dealer also installed new cats on the car (didnt have any before) and im not sure but i think the x-pipe is still there, (what does a regular exhaust look like? without an x or h pipe... pics please) All in all im happy with it