SVT Forums

Just want some input. Please

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 03:47 PM
MustangTitan
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Just want some input. Please

ok i really dont want to street race. Im just tired of having a V6. I want a badass car, i want tohave the ability to beatthe majority of the cars on the road if they try me. Enough speed to have some fun with you know. Pull up to a ricer and rev it up alittle bit. Just a respectable car. I dont show off or anything, im not like that, but it would be nice to have a car to where people turn there heads...

I think as long as the insurance is under $300 i can afford it. Why is an intake the worst mod to do? Doesnt it help the air flow, making your car sound better, while adding 10-15hp...They're pretty cheap to.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:55 PM
darcnytemare
2nd Gear Member

ill sell you my 99 cobra ....for a lot cheaper then 15K, not because theres things wrong wit it just because im looking to move on. lol let me know. o and btw im paying only $230 full coverage in NY with a sorta bad history.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:24 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

The intake won't give you that much power.. On my blown cobra i gained like 7 or 8 rwhp... lol, the only reason I even got it, was because i got it for like 50 bucks shipped.. lol... It only made the blower sound better, not the motor when I had it on my GT...

Midpipe and Catback exhaust will give you somewhat of a power gain around 10-15rwhp from the dynos i've seen - and that's what makes your car sound better...

If you just want that respectable car.. just do the gears, tune and some suspension work and you'll be fine. Might also want to do something for your IRS, like a brace and new bushings - just to make sure it's somewhat reinforced.. the Ford IRS is the worst irs on the market.

Like I said, before you buy anything - grab a vin# off the internet and call your insurance company. Basically ALL Cobras come the same way... They really don't have "options". you'll get a pretty accurate quote.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:01 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

Don't get tied down to a car payment and a big-time monthly insurance bill. Focus on college.....typically, that's alone is challenging enough for the first couple of years.

Wait until you're in a good spot and stablefinancially until you pull the trigger on a car....then you will not have to sacrifice or compromise on what you get.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:56 PM
MustangTitan
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: darcnytemare

ill sell you my 99 cobra ....for a lot cheaper then 15K, not because theres things wrong wit it just because im looking to move on. lol let me know. o and btw im paying only $230 full coverage in NY with a sorta bad history.
Really, wow thats pretty good with a bad history....How old are you though...I've never been in a accident or gotten a ticket so that should help out some what.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:14 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

im in a similar boat as you titan.
ive got a 95 gt that i just dumped 7500 worth of go fast parts into it.
ill graduate college in another year and a half and plan on selling this car and my truck and getting an 03-04 cobra.
its my dream car but i wanna wait to get one until i have a better job.
hopefully you can afford it, if i could id have a cobra right now. and cant wait until the day i get one.
i know this prolly wont help you much but ive got full coverage on my mustang and plpd on my 98 f150 and pay 186 a month thru allstate.
im also 18 with a spotless record.
good luck to you.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:20 PM
MustangTitan
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ctgreddy

im in a similar boat as you titan.
ive got a 95 gt that i just dumped 7500 worth of go fast parts into it.
ill graduate college in another year and a half and plan on selling this car and my truck and getting an 03-04 cobra.
its my dream car but i wanna wait to get one until i have a better job.
hopefully you can afford it, if i could id have a cobra right now. and cant wait until the day i get one.
i know this prolly wont help you much but ive got full coverage on my mustang and plpd on my 98 f150 and pay 186 a month thru allstate.
im also 18 with a spotless record.
good luck to you.
thanks man, i appreciate it. Yea i want this car really bad, my concern is i dont want my grades to slip trying to make payments on a car. I might be doing something wrong but i got a quote online and it said $294 a month for me. 18 years old, full coverage, and a spotless record....idk that seems alittle high even for an 01 cobra....
Old 03-19-2008, 10:28 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

just keep looking around. i tried a bunch of places for my insurance and they all wanted around 250 a month for my cars.
then i tried allstate and it was only 186 with all those things on the commercials, like accident forgiveness and deductable rewards.

yeah i work 7-4:30 every day and go to school 5:30-11 mon-thurs and somehow keep my grades up.
if i wouldnt have 7g's of debt right now i wouldnt work as much, but i wanna try and pay that and my truck off in 2 years.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:57 PM
darcnytemare
2nd Gear Member

i'll be 23 spril 5th. I got arrested for street racing. my misdemeanors were marked down to doing 110+ in a 40mph work zone(which in most cases the fine is usually doubled).
Old 03-20-2008, 07:40 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

I got good coverage from esurance.. you can also try them - but like he said... just check around with some places...

Quick Reply: Just want some input. Please