SVT Forums

Went with SCT XCALIBRATOR 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 11:54 AM
96CsTaNg

Default Went with SCT XCALIBRATOR 2

Well, I ordered the SCT tuner from Brenspeed and gave them all the info should see my SCT Tuner soon. I'll keep everyone updated. I hope that this will take away the crazy idle that Ive been having.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Went with SCT XCALIBRATOR 2

hmm i don't know, never used mine for anything like that. just tuning for mods.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:43 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

If you're idle is all crazy, you might want to check somethings like your MAF.. and/or your IAC valve.... those are frequent reasons why your car might idle rough... I don't think the tuner will help you.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

im sorry to say that i agree wit them...it might be able to change the idle but that could mask a real problem or something that needs to be fixed...
Old 03-23-2008, 03:13 PM
96CsTaNg

I changed everything that would make the idle go crazy. So this might be the next best thing. Cuz I changed the IAC, TPS, and the vaccum silonoid. But nothing fixed it. I bought my car last sepember at the auburn cord auction. The people that owned the car had nitrous on itand had tunedit. So we figured thatthey tuned it to whatever they hadon the carand when they took what they wanted off the car they never tuned itback to stock. So I guess I have to start somewhere else. So thats y we are trying the sct tuner.I hope that makes since....
Old 03-23-2008, 05:50 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

No it makes sense... but if the Ford reflash didn't work - I doubt the tuner will work. Try cleaning your MAF... That could mess with it also. I am not sure what year your Cobra is, but if its a 03, 04.. it could be your FRPS going out.. they tend to do that...... a lot.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:37 PM
96CsTaNg

I have a 96 cobra,

My guy at ford has told me that ford can't reflash the computer with stock codes. They can only put new ones from fod on it. Which yeah I don't think that makes much since but at the sametime it does.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:09 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

they can put the stock flash on it... what if they need a new cpu, what do they do then?? It's not like a cpu comes with a tune on it, lol..
Old 03-24-2008, 05:23 PM
96CsTaNg

That is true, chip and I talked about that. He said the only tune that he can put on the car is the one that is newly out for my stang. He did put the new tune that is out from ford on and then my car really started to act crazy.

The other thing is that the previous owners had a sct tune on the car and we believe that they never took it off. But hell I don't know and Chip has no idea what the hell is going on. I replaced everything that he would have and the car never got any better. Except now the car still has a little crazy idle to it. but it likes to shut down at red lights when it feels like it. So Im thinking and so is Chip that its all in the computer.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:24 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

damn.. that sounds just like the IAC.. but you said you already replaced it. I don't know man, I hope the tune fixes it... I don't think it will, but you never know...

while you're waiting for the tuner to get there, go pick up some stuff to clean your MAF... That could also be it... it's quick.. spray it down let it dry and put it back in... Just doesn't sound like a tuning issue... Also - have you checked your plugs/wires?

Quick Reply: Went with SCT XCALIBRATOR 2