SVT Forums

toyota supra tts and nissan skyline gtrs: can an 03-04 cobra outperform them

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 11:41 PM
ponyboy8

Default toyota supra tts and nissan skyline gtrs: can an 03-04 cobra outperform them

ok toyota supras in my opinion are super fast cars especially with the twin turbo, nissan skylines are very fast too. My question is what can you do with your 03-04 cobra to allow it to successfully compete at the strip with these japanese super cars?
Old 07-04-2008, 06:44 AM
baino
4th Gear Member

Default RE: toyota supra tts and nissan skyline gtrs: can an 03-04 cobra outperform them

Look at a couple of the post on here by Blownsvt. I would be willing to bet that he would put a nice little spankin on them.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:21 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: toyota supra tts and nissan skyline gtrs: can an 03-04 cobra outperform them

a stock Supra TT is only a low 13 second car... a stock Terminator would pretty easily beat the Stock TT Supra, or Skyline (not counting the new Skyline). But the old skylines weren't built for straight line racing, and only had 280bhp on the R34, or something like that... but would annhilate the Cobra indrifting or the twisties... it's like the NSX... less then 300bhp and is slow as dogsh*t in a straight line for a 80k car... but will almost certianly kill anything in a road course...
Old 07-05-2008, 01:05 PM
bugpack28
2nd Gear Member

+1... And newest article in road and track i think (cover us vs the world Z06 cover car) The new skyline GT-R only does the quarter in 12.7 at 111mph and thats with all wheel drive. Also thats tested they didn't est. those numbers. Try a twin turbo setup on the cobra see what happens, or even just a whipple with some suspension you have a low ten second car.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: baino

Look at a couple of the post on here by Blownsvt. I would be willing to bet that he would put a nice little spankin on them.

the OP is obviously oblivious. THe cobra in stock form is right in the league with both of the mentioned vehicle. a single turbo supra will make way more power that a TT supra anyway. For the most par turbo supra are dyno queens making big power way up in the power band at 7000rpms. that why they have been coined the highway kings because they only run well doing super highspeed highway runs. there are a few that are set up to run at the track and perform quite well. i still take my cobra any day.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:28 AM
ponyboy8

so the cobra will be king on the strip and street light to street light. but the highway /open road the supra will dominate? will a twin turbo svt cobra or a whipple svt cobra be able to reach the speeds of a turbo supra?
Old 07-06-2008, 11:55 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Pony.. if the cars are stock, the Cobra should win any race....

Supras are not fast until modded... if you have a built supra, it will take a TT Cobra to beat him at highway speeds... but if the cars are stock, the Cobra would beat it on any term.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ponyboy8

so the cobra will be king on the strip and street light to street light. but the highway /open road the supra will dominate? will a twin turbo svt cobra or a whipple svt cobra be able to reach the speeds of a turbo supra?
the cobra if built right can dominate at all of the mentioned races. I would put my turbo cobra up against just about any supra on the highway. if i wanted to go crazy i could go to a bigger turbo and make even more power and make it even better from a high speed roll. anycar can be built to be fast. some are just better starting platforms.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:06 PM
big hammer
I ♥ Acer

supras are dyno queens... terminators are sick cars! and i'm a gm guy..
Old 07-06-2008, 05:41 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

not for nothin... the Terminator's are dyno queens themselves also... lol

Quick Reply: toyota supra tts and nissan skyline gtrs: can an 03-04 cobra outperform them