SVT Forums

IMRC and short runner intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Shifty Powers
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: IMRC and short runner intake

this should clear some **** up i have said.. and any questions..
Old 07-26-2008, 09:46 AM
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member

...lol I see you googled the words "short, runner and intake" as per bold....lol
That makes life easy, especially this is coming from someone with experience.obviously! good find!
Old 07-27-2008, 02:45 AM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

I may be going with a similar setup soon so ill post up numbers.(Still cant decide if I want to be different and stay N/A) Fr500 cam set , short runner intake , ported heads x pipe and a hell of a tune with meth injection.Want to place some bets on the numbers lol.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:55 PM
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ehmark

I may be going with a similar setup soon so ill post up numbers.(Still cant decide if I want to be different and stay N/A) Fr500 cam set , short runner intake , ported heads x pipe and a hell of a tune with meth injection.Want to place some bets on the numbers lol.
i WOULDN'T PORT THOSE b HEADS TOOMUCH. tHEY CAN USE SOME CLEANING ON THE EXHAUST PORTS AND MAYBE SOME MINOR SHROUD WORK, BUT THOSE intake flow numbers are already through the roof. If you port those heads and do a short runner, your going to be disgusted with low end. Youmay even have tuning/idle problems depending on the work that is done.FR cams are nice, but will work with the heads as they sit. If I were spening the money and time, I would just buy a set of 03/04 assembled heads and port that style intake. That would give you more gains than what you plan on doing probably for the same ballpark price
sorry for the CAPS..didn't realize until....
Old 07-27-2008, 03:31 PM
Shifty Powers
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RuffCat

...lol I see you googled the words "short, runner and intake" as per bold....lol
That makes life easy, especially this is coming from someone with experience.obviously! good find!

Did i say at any point that i have done a short runner intake? No, i did not. I have merely done my reading on it. I dont know why you like to be smart, because thats the way you come across, i at no point was trying to start any e-arguments and waste my time. I was just giving him the propper and correct information for our cars, thanks.

And No; i did NOT google those words, also if i did they wouldnt be in bold like that, it would be different.

I did however search for a thread that i remembered reading about this subject, with great information(which is stated above), from someone who is very reputable and is probably one of the best for knowing about and making short runner intakes..

so Thanks for your help...obviously!!! [sm=icon_beat.gif]
Old 07-27-2008, 08:16 PM
mfj
Banned

WOW!
Old 07-28-2008, 03:19 AM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

I got the heads dirt cheap so it doesnt really matter too much.I might just slap on a supercharger and wait till next year when I buy a forged shortblock to add the heads and cams(not fr500 if using supercharger).
Old 07-28-2008, 05:09 AM
the_camo_snake
2nd Gear Member

Well I am having the IMRC deletes done and am going to have it put on the dyno afterwords anyway for a custom tune so we will see how the #s go with my car. When I bought it, it had new Comp cams in it but the guy didnt degree the cams and it was running a bit off so while the tuner was in ther he is going to do the IMRC delete. So the short runner mod is a DIY job or a professional job?
Old 07-28-2008, 10:52 AM
Shifty Powers
3rd Gear Member

If you go to the website i told you (SVTP) and PM a guy on there, who is one of the best with the short runner. You tell him what is done to your car and what you plan on doing to it soon, then you send him your intake and he sends you one back with the appropriate cut length for the short runner. His work is by far the best.

PM me and ill give you all the info
Old 07-28-2008, 10:55 AM
Shifty Powers
3rd Gear Member

btw ehmark... the B heads love boost... but port and polished correctly can flow just as good as a stock set of C heads, if not better. Just have to find a place that knows what they are doing, so they do it properly and to your application. I cant think of some of the shops right now, ill have to search for them later.

But did you say you bought a new set of B heads? or Cheads? and you have fr500 cams?

Quick Reply: IMRC and short runner intake