SVT Forums

im so distraught and indecisive... another N/A v S/C thread...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

Not to be a ***** but oxfordgt the cobra comes stock with 3cc pistons you are still thinking of a gt engine. The gt pistons will get a cr of about 13-1 with a flat top where a cobra would only see a cr of 10.5-1 He would need domed pistons to get a higher cr.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:15 AM
mfj
Banned

Oxfordgt, you are a CLOWN! GTFO and go back to the 2v boards...
Old 08-26-2008, 08:03 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Just remember, with all that power you're going to need a new transmission and clutch. THe T45 isn't built for 11 second power/suspension, and your 10 spline clutch will snap like a twig.. so make sure you account for a tranny/clutch in the car as well - because that's going to be some dough too...

Oxford/MFJ - the prices that are being thrown out there seem low to me too from what i've seen. However, i've never personally done a build so im not going to really get in that arguement. However, remember Oxford; just because someone in your area does something doesn't mean that everyone everywhere else does it.. chances are they don't... for a few people that have built their own 4.6 dohc motors.. I know they've spent over 3k in just in rods, heads and pistons... I mean I know the heads themselves on a 4v are going to run 1200-2000 in most cases... and I don't think i've seen forged rods for that cheap... but that's me, and they might be out there...

I just think his build is going to be over his budget.. Even with your low total of $2100.00, you're forgetting clutch is another $1,000... transmission another $1500.00, tune another 300-500 probably... and that's before any other parts.. like cams on a 4v which are expensive as hell and full exhaust that he'll need which will be another 1000-1500 most likely... and a built rear axle to hold the power another $800 - 1000...

your build 2100 (which I think personally is light to begin with)
TKO tranny 1500
built 8.8 800
26 spline clutch 1000
Longtube/Midpipe/Catback 1100 (500 for cheap longtubes, 400 for catback, 200 for mid)
Tune 300 (really cant differ)

That's already 6900... not incuding anyother parts without labor costs... no matter how you cut it... it's going to be expensive...
Old 08-26-2008, 09:22 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

MFJ don't be upset because you had someone build your car for you. Its ok, you can't be as good as me. I destroy 03-04 cobras with my GT NA now, when I get back home and put the F1a on thats waiting there how bad do you think my little 2v will destroy your 4v?

Ehmark, I know that the 96 4v comes with 2.66 dish pistons. The reason I said 10cc pistons is because noone stays NA forever. In these motors static compression ratio isn't that big of a factor. Hell I have 8.8:1 compression in my car with stock heads and cams and she still goes 7.8 in the 1/8th. The amount of timing you will be able to add do to the lower temps will overcome the lower compression.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

well crazy gears can make a world of difference but you would definately need them to make up for a compression of 8.2 N/A.Why is the poster so afraid of nitrous?
Old 08-26-2008, 12:40 PM
mfj
Banned

LOL @ oxfordgt thinking that he will ever be able to beat my car!! I was running an f1-a on a built motor, before the 3.4L whipple... You won't ever be able to touch me, son... Besides that, I'm working on a fox that will make my COBRA pee in its pants!

And as I mentioned earlier, you don't know what the fukk your talking about... Oh, and I'm quite sure that I am MUCH better than you, lmao!
Old 08-26-2008, 12:49 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ehmark
well crazy gears can make a world of difference but you would definately need them to make up for a compression of 8.2 N/A.Why is the poster so afraid of nitrous?
lol scared? i just don't like it, its gonna be mainly a street car...
Old 08-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Fobra
Banned

how much power is the car actually making mfj... 28 psi on a street car... you running c-16 or what?
Old 08-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Fobra
Banned

but... oxford does know alot about cars... just not everything but I can defintily back him up on the prices he has shown up there, of course he's forgetting the girdle and a few other machine operations.. which he may not have had done, so that would explain why he didn't list them
Old 08-26-2008, 02:07 PM
35thAnni99GT
3rd Gear Member

Damn I forgot everyone in 4.6 sections were Modular geniuses and own 8 second cars. Silly me.

Sorry for intruding but I found something funny in mfj's Cardomain profile.

I am having my car shipped to Oklahoma. Kurtis from Archeangel Motorsports is doing a new motor build
So as u know, my built motor from AMP has blown up. My car is now in the hands of Dan at Performance Solutions
. I don't know why I didn't upgrade to all forged internals at that time. But long story short, I spent $7,000 on a block that, 2 months later, blew up again.
Wow you're just the engine building GENIUS aren't you. Sorry, bub, but sending the car off to have so and so build it doesn't give you the right to give advice and try to talk **** on members that KNOW what they're talking about. Do you even know anything besides what you overhear your engine builders talk about while you fork over fat dough? Go ahead, I'll wait. Why don't you lecture me on suspension dynamics or tell me how I should set my IC for optimal antisquat and how to keep my tires loaded as I go down the track? Sorry, but everything that comes out of your fingers and through the keyboard sounds like a magazine build sheet.

FYI and for future reference, just because you have enough money to buy a boat doesn't make you a fisherman.

Quick Reply: im so distraught and indecisive... another N/A v S/C thread...