SVT Forums

where is this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 12:18 AM
c_espitia
2nd Gear Member

the reason i wanna get another motor is so that i can still drive my car around while modding the other motor plus it will be a great learning experience cause my friend works on turbos and etc... and hes gonna do all the work for me while i assist cause i dont know alot as you guys can tell. also the navigator engine thing ive seen pics and it sticks out past the hood they have to cut a hole it looks nasty or will the cobra cervani cowled hood cover all that
Old 09-08-2008, 12:28 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Here ya go: http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...te-engine.html
or
http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...-assembly.html

Call it a day.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:37 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

thats sexy lol 5.0 dohc modular FTMFW lol however the compression is 11:1 not ideal for f/i.

OP you said you wanna have another engine to mod while you drive your car, most of an engines power is from the main components, you should buy a bare block (provided ur friend knows what hes doing) and build it from there, get a forged rotating assembly with Compression that suits ur needs lower for F/i higher for n/a... to an extent. If you go N/a (iam and i am going with) you should go with some C heads, but if you're going F/i might as well go B heads, The 03-04 cobra tumble port heads are not a bad option especially with a valve job, Next find some cams for your heads, again it depends on if u go F/i (forced induction supercharged or turboed) or N/A find a set of cams that suits your needs, Intake manifold should follow suit and buy all the accessories alternator etc etc....

There is no point to what you are suggesting (buying a complete motor then modding it.) You would be wasting money on parts that you would simply replace, its not like you're gonna upgrade the CAI and get GOBS of power...I suggest bare block but only if ur friend really knows what hes doing. And what exactly would you upgrade on an 03-04 cobra engine? its already got forged internals and kickass heads, you would just port the blower or get a new one...it really is not a good place to start if you are looking to mod an engine...
Old 09-08-2008, 12:48 AM
c_espitia
2nd Gear Member

i only was gonna buy another engine cause i thought it would be cheaper so i should buy just a block and go from there? any suggestions what block? Yes im gonna go F/I (turbo) so can you name all or some of the things im gonna need for that block like cams pistons crank etc... and where to find them thanks guys for your help so far..
Old 09-08-2008, 12:50 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by c_espitia
i only was gonna buy another engine cause i thought it would be cheaper so i should buy just a block and go from there? any suggestions what block? Yes im gonna go F/I (turbo) so can you name all or some of the things im gonna need for that block like cams pistons crank etc... and where to find them thanks guys for your help so far..
You asked which block, I say this one:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...ine-block.html
Old 09-08-2008, 01:27 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

^ lol whats with u and that block/engine lol 5.0
the block is really based on what you wanna do, you could go 4.6, or 5.4, or even.. 5.0 lol, some sort of budget would help alot...
Old 09-08-2008, 01:39 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

idk just something about it......Its sex lol
Old 09-08-2008, 02:04 AM
c_espitia
2nd Gear Member

i couldnt really give a budget cause its gonna take about a year or so and im in the military if that gives you an estimate of how much money i make!! like i said this is all new so im asking for the step by step process whats good whats not or is there a web site i could go to, to read up on what stuff to buy with what for a certain amount of power. I dont want something ridiculous but nothing weak like i said somewhere around 400-550 RWHP anything help and once again thanks
Old 09-08-2008, 02:06 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

well thats easy lol but don't forget suspension work, 1/2 the battle is suspension all that power is no good if you can't get it to the road.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:50 AM
c_espitia
2nd Gear Member

so what do u recomend for suspension?