SVT Forums

Fluidyne Questions

Old 09-19-2008, 06:31 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

The heat exchanger is NOT a cooling mod... It doesn't stop heat soak... it slows down the process... it helps the car get cooler air into it, but is not a cooling mod.. it will not help the cooldown system... but nevertheless, an important mod to have.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:38 PM
mmafan
2nd Gear Member

So in a nut shell how much for the fluidyne and everything I need with it? Do I need a heat exchanger? Does it come with that? I want the entire cooling setup and spray painted H/E... to say COBRA. What will that run me? Maybe a link would be mega helpful too.. Thanks
Old 09-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

try this link, they also sell the "Cobra" stencil, you csn spray befor you install, thats about a half hour to paint with a couple of coats, HE takes about 1 1/2 hours to install! http://www.lightningforceperformance...c-234_129.html
Old 09-20-2008, 03:29 PM
mmafan
2nd Gear Member

Thanks 4 the link to the website...I notice it was a LFP parts website... Are they good as Fluidyne radiators? Also I seen tons of different things for the cooling setup....I wasent sure what the difference was? Like LFP-extreme-dual-pass-intercooler-heat-exchanger.. and one is regular not the extreme version..It also has alot of stuff that I dont really know If I need.. The actual radiator 400.00.. That is before the heat exchanger...I also could not find the cut out stencil for the COBRA sign on the H/E... Sorry Im so stupid on this stuff..Im trying to learn as I go.. Thanks guys
Old 09-20-2008, 05:18 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

I had a LFP Dual pass.. it was fine. Once you order it, it's an add-on to get it stenciled... mine said "TERMINATOR"
Old 09-20-2008, 07:02 PM
mmafan
2nd Gear Member

So the LFP Duel Pass is the one i need. Now what I need also is the actual radiator. with the duel pass? LFP Pro Comp Race Radiator? Also what is a LFP Expansion Radiator Reservoir? Is it just a fancy upgrade to make it look good? Or does it make better flow or something? One more thing do you think COBRA looks the best as a stencil or SVT? I see alot on the website with SVT? Thanks 4 your help man.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:42 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

It's your choice which stencil to get.. the aftermarket radiator is a lot bigger then the stock one and will help you also. Whether you get LFP, fluidine, etc. i would recommend the dual pass heat exchanger...
Old 09-20-2008, 10:39 PM
mmafan
2nd Gear Member

So I guess I will get both the radiator and the duel pass heat exchanger for maximum effect...I will go with the COBRA stencil.. Thanks man 4 your help...
Old 09-21-2008, 12:11 AM
pcs
4th Gear Member

get some pics posted when you are done, im looking at getting a dual pass h/x upgrade for my cobra. good luck.
also having a cooler intake doesnt slow down "heat soak" (actually heat transfer) insulation does. actually have cooler air in the intake accelerates the heat transfer process. having a larger hx purpose isnt to cool the engine but it will, kind of like icing your intake manifold. the more you cool your intake the more heat it will soak out of you heads,engine,ect. and hopefully allow cooler(denser) air to get in the engine.
heat is just the transfer of energy between two objects due to a difference in temp. the greater the difference, the more heat transfer will occur.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:54 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

pcs... you tend to say close to the same things that I do, just with a bit more tech, lol

If you have a pullied cobra and run it.. a heat exchanger helps.. and the dual pass is a better version of the single pass... I would recommend it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fluidyne Questions