SVT Forums

honest opinion

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:19 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Default honest opinion

im trying to gather information from people who actually own termies. I'm torn between spending an assload of money on my gt in the spring to make it fast/still reliable or just sell it and buy a cobra. cobra's seem to hold their value more because of the name, so if iever had to sell it i might not lose quite as much money as if i were to mod my gt and have to sell it at some point. So is there anything you dont like about your cobras guys? Like the IRS? any issues there? I've heard about wheel hop issues. How about aftermarket exhaust? any issues there with the IRS? Any information about quirks or dislikes or great things about them please share! what kind of times at the track are the modded guys running?
Old 09-17-2008, 02:20 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I'm not trying to come off as a ***** or anything but.....USE THE SEARCH! It works now. Every question you just asked has been answered billion+ times in a billion+ threads. Just look in a couple threads on page 1 & 2. You will find what you wanna know.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:27 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

oh hell, i totally forgot, im so used to it not working at all anymore i didint even think to. thanks man, i'll do just that.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:38 AM
562cobra
5th Gear Member

^*****^

i pretty much like everything about mine. only negative things i don't like is the alternator situation. (they die rapidly in some occasions) and the IRS bolt which prevents you from going bigger than a 295/17 (stock suspension) in the rear without doing some changes to the bolt itself or replacing it. and of course the famous back seat. (too small)
Old 09-17-2008, 07:05 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

I'm not sure about the Alt. problem (with my Cobra - no problems to date)...Great car, a ton of fun...holds its value and you can find for a good price!

A few mods. go a long way! ....I would get the Cobra!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:48 PM
cohhbra
2nd Gear Member

id go with a cobra because with pulley, tune, intake, and exhaust you could with a z06 if your a good driver, and z06's cost around 3 times as much a cobra does with those mods

and you get to have those really cool snake emblems
Old 09-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

i love my cobra. i would deffinitly go that route over modding the GT. i was not a huge fan of the irs on the drag strip but on the road no big deal. i switched to a SRA. i did break my motor once from too much heat and high speed runs. with my stock blower and a pulley i went 12.20 @116 with my ported eaton 11.70 @121 and with the turbo now 10.90 @132. looking to hit around a 10.00 @ 140 on this turbo.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

I love my Cobra.

Pros:

Best bang for buck IMO
Great handling
Sexy Appearance
Sounds great
Very well built motor

Cons:

Lacks interior quality
Small back seat
Lots of road noises

It is a great car for straight-line or Corner based performance, dead sexy looks, and a ton of legacy.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Grabber
I love my Cobra.

Pros:

Best bang for buck IMO
Great handling
Sexy Appearance
Sounds great
Very well built motor

Cons:

Lacks interior quality
Small back seat
Lots of road noises

It is a great car for straight-line or Corner based performance, dead sexy looks, and a ton of legacy.

not to be a PITA but remember he is comparing it to a new edge gt. the interior in the cobra is a billion times nicer. and the rear seat is the same size.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Hmm, fair enough PITA

I did not catch that. Compared to a New Edge GT, Cobra is 1 million times better. Get the Cobra instead

Quick Reply: honest opinion