SVT Forums

thinking about going Gt to 03 Cobra? need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Blk003GT
4th Gear Member

Default thinking about going Gt to 03 Cobra? need help

i have an 03 gt vert right now wtih just an x-pipe didn't want to do anything else to it becuase its pointless and i wanted a cobra.

i found an 03 cobra with 30,000 miles white.. with bbk intake, steeda radiator cover, pullies + sc pulley (not sure what size) exhast i think is just cat back not sure, 315 rear nittos brand new and various billet pieces on the inside maybe lowered its lower than my car but i don't know how the cobras sit but its all i could pull off looking at it quickly. no pision slap. interior looks and smells like new. they are asking $19,000 for it. i checked car fax and it said it was in a minor accident front right checked it out and it looked fine its a clean title no dammage i could see either mechanical or cosmetic.

i know it seems like a good deal is this sometime i shoudl invest my time into getting? what else should i look for mechanically?
Old 10-03-2008, 06:30 PM
cohhbra
2nd Gear Member

i'd try to find one as close to stock as possible, the smaller pulleys would point towards racing
Old 10-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Blk003GT
4th Gear Member

yeah i know. but it just seems like 19 grand is too good of a deal to pass up
Old 10-03-2008, 06:45 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

blk that is a great deal with low miles..

My question to you is, is your car paid off?
Old 10-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

IMO I would stay with what yo have. Invest a couple thousand dollars and you will be able to run with the Cobras. My car is no where near ready to run with a S/C Cobra but with a little patience and money it wil be. In plus you have a vert, maijor sleeper.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Hegotgame
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
IMO I would stay with what yo have. Invest a couple thousand dollars and you will be able to run with the Cobras. My car is no where near ready to run with a S/C Cobra but with a little patience and money it wil be. In plus you have a vert, maijor sleeper.
A couple thousand? Or he could buy a 03 Cobra nd invest a "couple thousand" and have 500rwhp...
Old 10-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Blk003GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hegotgame
A couple thousand? Or he could buy a 03 Cobra nd invest a "couple thousand" and have 500rwhp...
exactly what i was thinking. no my cars not paid off. i deploy around april to afganistan so its not liek i will be hurting for money then. i just don't know if i should wait and keep looking or get this one. its just ive never seen one with this many miles under like 24 grand.

what else should i look for to make sure this car is legit?
Old 10-03-2008, 07:46 PM
enrobriaffej
3rd Gear Member

im in the same place as you!! i just cannot pass it up either
Old 10-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

I am also in the military and have been deployed to Afghanstain (Salerno). My advice to you is to go down range and put your money into your vert especially since it's not paid off. I am going to Iraq in March and I'm going to invest alot of money into my GT. If you got money like that buy a GT500.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:03 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

I say don't do it... Unless you can pick the car up cheaply after trade.. and I mean a difference of no more then 5k of difference.. if Payoff + car price isn't within 5k of what you'd get for the GT.. it's not worth it imo...

You probably won't get much for your car if you plan on selling it... lets say 10k (especially in this market) -- you can build a great car for the amount of money... and I am a Cobra advocate.

You can build a better motor, and forced induction for the same amount of money... have a faster car.

You will have to build the fuel system and suspension either way... The only advantage is the tranny, because I would still recommend a 26 spline clutch for a 500rwhp Cobra also...

Quick Reply: thinking about going Gt to 03 Cobra? need help