SVT Forums

Head Ticking

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by agentxtofer
Thank you for that link. There is quite a lot of information on there and I'm sure it will come in handy while Im reseaching the car I wish to buy. I see you have an '04 Cobra and that is the very car I have grown very interested in. Do you like it? What if any problems have you had that could aid me in my search for one myself?
I love everything about this car. I use it as my DD so by no means in this car a garage queen haha. I havent had any problems with it other then the interior is made cheaply and makes alot of weird sounds lol. Just make sure before you do any power mods or even launch the car, You buy a Billit Flow IRS brace. Buy all your supporting mods before you add power. I use to have a 07 gt that I traded in for this car and I have never looked back. Happy Hunting for your bra!
Old 10-10-2008, 07:37 PM
agentxtofer

Originally Posted by timspony
anyone have a link the the Head tick question ^^^^^??? "Is there anyway to tell if you have a head tick" ....I'd like to know myself....good question "agent"
Thank you and I do realize that you posted in my first thread and I thank you for the help in that as well. I hope to be on this forum for a long time and am looking forward to being part of this community. If I did end up having the head tick how much is it to replace the piston or do you have to replace the whole block?

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
I love everything about this car. I use it as my DD so by no means in this car a garage queen haha. I havent had any problems with it other then the interior is made cheaply and makes alot of weird sounds lol. Just make sure before you do any power mods or even launch the car, You buy a Billit Flow IRS brace. Buy all your supporting mods before you add power. I use to have a 07 gt that I traded in for this car and I have never looked back. Happy Hunting for your bra!
The fact that you traded in an '07 for the Cobra speaks volumes for the car. Also the fact that it is not a garage queen very much interestes me because I was looking at '03 M5's and I have heard they are maintenance ******, pardon the language. I got shell shocked from all the people on bimmerforums talking about all the problems they have had with them.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

The fact that you traded in an '07 for the Cobra speaks volumes for the car. Also the fact that it is not a garage queen very much interestes me because I was looking at '03 M5's and I have heard they are maintenance ******, pardon the language. I got shell shocked from all the people on bimmerforums talking about all the problems they have had with them.[/quote]
Haha...Yea just stick with a cobra. The only time I don't drive this car is in the crazy snow we get here in chicago sometimes, other then that rain, dark, night, w/e its comin out to tear up the streets haha.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

My understanding is that the head tick is on the drivers side only...and that only the head would have to be replaced....They do make a cooling mod. for the Cobra, cost about $120.....Mine has no problem that I know of, but I'm going to install the cooling mod. over the winter!

Cobra is the BEST, IMO!!! ...and I've owned some 25 stangs!
Old 10-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Head cooling mod = FTW!
Old 10-10-2008, 07:46 PM
agentxtofer

Originally Posted by timspony
My understanding is that the head tick is on the drivers side only...and that only the head would have to be replaced....They do make a cooling mod. for the Cobra, cost about $120.....Mine has no problem that I know of, but I'm going to install the cooling mod. over the winter!

Cobra is the BEST, IMO!!! ...and I've owned some 25 stangs!
Thats good to know that you only have to replace the head and that comforts me if I ever come across this problem. When I do purchase the Cobra I will prolly just go ahead and put in the cooling mod for comfort.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:49 PM
agentxtofer

Head cooling mod = FTW!
Have you done it yourself?
Old 10-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Thats good to know that you only have to replace the head and that comforts me if I ever come across this problem. When I do purchase the Cobra I will prolly just go ahead and put in the cooling mod for comfort.
Make sure you buy the one from lethalperformance.com You do not have to remove the blower or anything. In my pics I posted in my other 2 threads you can see where I spliced in the head cooling mod.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...oling-mod.html
Old 10-10-2008, 07:58 PM
agentxtofer

Make sure you buy the one from lethalperformance.com You do not have to remove the blower or anything. In my pics I posted in my other 2 threads you can see where I spliced in the head cooling mod.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...oling-mod.html
I know very little about the inner workings of engines and that is my biggest problem. Is it something you can do in your garage after some reading or is it something a mechanic would have to work on?
Old 10-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I know very little about the inner workings of engines and that is my biggest problem. Is it something you can do in your garage after some reading or is it something a mechanic would have to work on?
I did it myself with my friend. It comes with pretty good directions. Buy it and look it over. If you don't think you can do it I believe most mechanics charge $150-200 for the install.

Quick Reply: Head Ticking