SVT Forums

Garage Queen??????

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 04:20 PM
mmafan
2nd Gear Member

Default Garage Queen??????

I catch alot of hassle from my friends about my Terminator...I love this car more then almost anything..So I take care of it to the T. They always hound me to race people at lights and around town...etc...I take pride in my car and will never ever race it..I think you get more respect if you don't give in and run your car into the dirt..I was just wondering if any of you guys felt the same way or different? I'm just tired of hearing my friends nag me.. about something they don't understand..!!! Thanks guys..
Old 11-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Don't feel bad, I catch a lot of shiz from my coworks ever since I got my 08 S197 Gt. I california dust it every 2-3 days because of all of the dust and pollen that's floating around. I also tend to baby it although I did do a burnout a few weeks ago and left about 50 yards of rubber to shut them up.

Other than that, I tend to take care of it because I like my car and I want it to look good while it lasts me. I do sometimes hammer it from a green light though. I'll give it a one to two foot run out and then just floor it.

In your case, good looking, well kept terminators are not easy to find. Most have been heavily modified or driven into the ground and have become ticking time-bombs.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:38 PM
mmafan
2nd Gear Member

thanks 4 the reply man...I understand what you are saying..I want to mod mine but still be really clean also..I have never done a burnout in my car yet though...I had a 97 CObra for 4 years and I babied it the same way. You should post some pics of your ride up man..I beat it looks killer.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Yeah I've been meaning to do that but I never even posted pics of my now sold new edge V6. That one was mostly stock except for custom wheels, tru dual exhaust with X pipe, and CAI.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:41 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

Haha didn't you post this same exact message on SVTP?

Anyway don't let them bother you. Do what you want with the car. I try not to drive mine too much but I like to have fun with it when I do drive it.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:45 PM
_Slowbra_
2nd Gear Member

I baby my Cobra too. No races (most arent worth it anyway) unless they really **** me off. I dust it once a week, wash it twice a month, wax it once a month, and that "in between" detail spray from turtle wax (its an ICE detail spray) does wonders for the shine after the dusting (just FYI, since you guys are as crazy as I am). I dont catch a lot of crap from my friends, because none of them are really "into" cars; but i have gotten some dirty looks from guys at red lights who wanted to go when i refused.

Dont worry....you arent the only ones who baby your cars. And forget about the crap you catch....your car loves you, and thats all that matters!
Old 11-17-2008, 06:54 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

More power to you... Although, it is good for the car to run her a little bit every now and then... I don't mean racing everywhere and tapping the revlimiter every light... but, it's good for the car to blow out a little bit I was always told...

I wouldn't let them get to you... Tell them if they want a race car like that, then they can spend their money and get one for themselves...
Old 11-17-2008, 07:04 PM
mfj
Banned

My cobra has not seen sunlight for almost two years...

Until now, that is...
Old 11-18-2008, 06:28 AM
Hlistr_07RR
I always jizz first

Judging from your sig, your car is gorgeous. Post pictures so I can drool Is it laser red?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Fobra
Banned

I understand where your coming from, however i just dont like owners who have blower swaps etc, or even stockers who talk about how fast their car is... and street race some people, but then refuse to race it at the track, yet claim it runs 10's etc

Quick Reply: Garage Queen??????