SVT Forums

termi cobra 552 rwhp?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 11:11 AM
limp1969
2nd Gear Member

in his dreams at the rear wheels
I have Lt headers bigger maf and throttle body, cold air intake,hi flow mid pipe magna flow, 2.80 pulley and it has been dyno tuned to 456rwhp 16k miles on it

And if the irs is stock it will even come close to hooking up like a solid axle car off the line. My car will just spin the tires in 1st to 2 nd and then will grab in 3rd. I hardly drive this car because of this what the hell was ford doing??? Cheapin out! They could have made it really good.

Last edited by limp1969; 11-25-2008 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Originally Posted by limp1969
My car will just spin the tires in 1st to 2 nd and then will grab in 3rd. I hardly drive this car because of this what the hell was ford doing??? Cheapin out! They could have made it really good.

What kind on tires you running?? ..street or track?? I'm running Nitto 275 DR's and I hooked up at the track with 1.85 60' times! ...and have run a best of 12.09@117.6 PRIOR to the install of my Bassani catted X & HE, HE tank...current set-up: 2.93 BF pulley, JLT CAI & Flowmasters...

Stepping up to Nitto 315 DR's on 10.5 wheels, hope to go in the 11.7 to 11.8 range!
Old 11-25-2008, 04:38 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

I'll race him...!!
Old 11-25-2008, 05:14 PM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 98redstang
Its not ported i know everything he has in the car lol. SO does he cause he bought it from his friend... Ive seen everything hes told me everything he has and he was talking about porting the blower but its not done... All he has is a flowmaster catback, bigger injectors, cai, and its pullied i dont see how that makes him have 552 TO THE WHEELS not flywheel hp...

You know everything that's in it because your all of a sudden a mustang Genious? How could you possibly know that the eaton hasn't been ported. This friend that he bought it from, was he the original owner for the past 5 years, bought the car new, and never touched it?

BTW, flowmaster doesn't make a catback, they have weld in mufflers, and that's about it, sorry to break it to you. There is no reason to have upgraded injectors unless he's running alot more power, which is very possible. Why on earth do you think you know absolutely everything?
Old 11-25-2008, 05:19 PM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by limp1969
in his dreams at the rear wheels
I have Lt headers bigger maf and throttle body, cold air intake,hi flow mid pipe magna flow, 2.80 pulley and it has been dyno tuned to 456rwhp 16k miles on it

And if the irs is stock it will even come close to hooking up like a solid axle car off the line. My car will just spin the tires in 1st to 2 nd and then will grab in 3rd. I hardly drive this car because of this what the hell was ford doing??? Cheapin out! They could have made it really good.

Umm, it costs about $800 for bracing that will let an IRS hook "like a straight axle", what was ford doing?

Cobra's were intended as open track cars, not drag cars. That's why they have an IRS, and stock it's damn good on most tracks
Old 11-25-2008, 07:37 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2000AZ5.0GT
You know everything that's in it because your all of a sudden a mustang Genious? How could you possibly know that the eaton hasn't been ported. This friend that he bought it from, was he the original owner for the past 5 years, bought the car new, and never touched it?

BTW, flowmaster doesn't make a catback, they have weld in mufflers, and that's about it, sorry to break it to you. There is no reason to have upgraded injectors unless he's running alot more power, which is very possible. Why on earth do you think you know absolutely everything?
Even if he did have a ported stock eaton blower I doubt he has that much power to the wheels...
Old 11-26-2008, 06:57 PM
98redstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2000AZ5.0GT

To start off i didnt say i was a mustang genious? Why are you getting so mad lol? I never said i knew everything? but to answer your questions yes the kid was the original owner before him so no once again the blower is not ported... The owner who has the car now is the one who put the injectors in... And no he didnt get it the blower ported either... And flowmaster does make a cat back cause i have it so idk what your breaking to me?... Its the american thunder catback by flowmaster look it up... http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...4&autoview=sku
Old 11-26-2008, 07:03 PM
98redstang
5th Gear Member

I dont get why your getting like upset with me? Im telling you the stuff thats on the car cause i know both the original owner and the current owner so thats why i know whats in the car unless you wanna make something else up like how do i know when ford made this one that they didnt port the blower just for the hell of it in the factory? I know what is in this car trust me. I never said i knew everything on earth but i do know whats in this car so stop telling me im wrong cause "sorry to break it to you" i just proved you wrong twice... THE BLOWER IS NOT PORTED FOR THE FINAL TIME AND LOOK UP THE FLOWMASTER AMERICAN THUNDER CATBACK I EVEN POSTED THE LINK FOR YOU TO SAVE SOME TIME...

Last edited by 98redstang; 11-26-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:06 PM
98redstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DeathRattle
I'll race him...!!
you should haha...
Old 11-27-2008, 10:07 AM
limp1969
2nd Gear Member

Who the hell ever said I was drag racing the car?
Again yes what was ford doing with the irs set up. Have you ever owned a irs cobra? It needs lots of work and money to make it right. Why do you think it is now gone and a solid axle on the shelby.
A brace is not the fix for the irs it is the bushings! After talking to several people about how to get the car to stick to the ground, almost all said that a brace can cause more problems.

Last edited by limp1969; 11-27-2008 at 10:11 AM.

Quick Reply: termi cobra 552 rwhp?