SVT Forums

Lowered Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

The jury is still out for me with the springs! ...I'm going to get my 10.5's and 315 Nitto DR's next week, mount them up and go from there...
Old 01-17-2009, 01:47 PM
562cobra
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ATFPat
^^ yea, now i enoy driving it alot more. Cant wait to take more pics. I wanna try to get or have a sig made like everyone else haha.

I love the H&R springs.
told you
Old 01-17-2009, 09:57 PM
MAD SVT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by timspony
The jury is still out for me with the springs! ...I'm going to get my 10.5's and 315 Nitto DR's next week, mount them up and go from there...
Are you gonna get the matching machine finish '03 wheels in a deep dish??? im anxious to see what those look like.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:29 PM
562cobra
5th Gear Member

the 03 cobras in deep dish aren't really good looking IMO. Some wheels do it for me, some wheels don't.

example: bullits, fr500s, 10th anni 03 cobras look great.

03s not so much.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:32 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Originally Posted by MAD SVT
Are you gonna get the matching machine finish '03 wheels in a deep dish??? im anxious to see what those look like.
My Cobra has Chrome wheels...some I'll be getting that finish...and I also do not like the deep dish on the '03/04 Cobra wheels!

I'll post some pics once installed....
Old 01-19-2009, 11:18 PM
the_camo_snake
2nd Gear Member

Ok got a question relating to this topic. I got the Eibach Sportline springs and I like the drop but it doesnt seem like they work well for a drag launch. They handle amazing on the street and corners btu for launching Im not a big fan. What spring will still give me a nice drop but help launch better?
Old 01-20-2009, 05:16 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Originally Posted by the_camo_snake
Ok got a question relating to this topic. I got the Eibach Sportline springs and I like the drop but it doesnt seem like they work well for a drag launch. They handle amazing on the street and corners btu for launching Im not a big fan. What spring will still give me a nice drop but help launch better?
How much did you car drop with the Eibach's? ...I'm still looking at the Eibach Pro-kit
Old 01-20-2009, 09:09 AM
MAD SVT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by the_camo_snake
I think your going to have to settle for one or the other...
Steeda sells drag springs, their like marshmellows in the back and pretty rigid in the front, thats the best way to hook up... but then those springs drive like $hit on the road. and the car sits stinkbug.

i'd suggest keeping the springs you already have, but maybe upgrading the shocks to something with a faster rebound to help absorb the chatter from the launch. that'll help keep the tire on the road.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:56 PM
the_camo_snake
2nd Gear Member

It dropped my car about 2 inches. Yeah thats what I have heard that drag launch springs ride like doo doo. I have Tokico blue adjustable shocks and have thought about softening up the rear shocks and seeing if it helps. I love the ride height so I wanna keep that.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:49 PM
ATFPat
2nd Gear Member

A few more pics.
Attached Thumbnails Lowered Cobra-left-front.jpg   Lowered Cobra-right-front.jpg   Lowered Cobra-rear-.jpg   Lowered Cobra-nice-left-front.jpg   Lowered Cobra-front.jpg  

Quick Reply: Lowered Cobra